News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Big_Shakalaka

EPCOT Forever expected to return to Walt Disney World for a third time​

Epcot-Forever_Full_42655.jpg
My daughter is going to be giddy to hear this! SHe's never seen it, but likes the music and we're going next summer!

Homemade Imagineering

I'm kind of tired of the EPCOT history trip. Epcot forever left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd like to keep the trend of international themes going
Fair point. I guess that’s just my desperation of wanting Disney to have a greater incentive to redo JII seeping through, but just as everyone’s been saying, I hope this isn’t another MK show that doesn’t belong. They’d be stupid to repeat the same mistake, so the optimist in me tells me that this’ll at least be a vast improvement over Harm, and to say that’s a low bar would be an understatement

Andrew25

Move the taco barges to DAK - theme the barges with surrounding rockwork, during the day you can make it look like waterfall.

The center stargate can remain - you can at least see through most of it.

JS514

Honestly think I would be more disappointed with the barges at DAK than I was/am with Epcot. DAK has the best sightlines on property, imo.

That aside, it's interesting that they wouldnt just continue Harmonius until the new show debuts.

JohnD

I had a feeling. The fact that Epcot Forever is coming back speaks volumes. It seems an indication they’re at least moving out the Harmonious equipment from the lagoon while the interim show is going on. Otherwise, why have Epcot Forever? They would just program a new show, test it after hours, then go live.

montyz81

I know this is a lofty as, but I am hoping the new show will be ready in time for Summer 2023. Will be at OKW for a week in July.

gitchard

I could live with the barges if the show was good enough to justify them being there.

I love the technology with Harm. I think is has a lot of potential. The real problem is it was not used properly, poor song choices, and very bad pacing problems.

I would also image they could use the same equipment for multiple shows a year. I assume the whole show is run by computers. Use the technology for a good show most of the year. Come holiday times like Christmas and Halloween, load up a new program with a holiday theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom