epcots 25th anniversary

CoffeeJedi

sadly, we've heard nothing yet... there's a growing fear that Disney won't be making a very big deal of it. :(
everyone on here is praying however, that they remove that silly looking Mickey arm!

shoppingnut

CoffeeJedi said:
sadly, we've heard nothing yet... there's a growing fear that Disney won't be making a very big deal of it. :(
everyone on here is praying however, that they remove that silly looking Mickey arm!

I'd like them to fix the ride audio and make the cars more comfy first. I'd live with the mickey arm if it meant spending those $$ on the ride.

Imaginationeer

Every year small additions are made, but if anything was to be changed, the attraction would have to close sometime before this january for any changes because of all the closures in 07

CoffeeJedi

shoppingnut said:
I'd like them to fix the ride audio and make the cars more comfy first. I'd live with the mickey arm if it meant spending those $$ on the ride.
Oh very good points on both counts. SSE needs alot of work. :( let's not forget the creaky, bumpy Omnimover, or the depressingly empty post-show.

whizGoofy

In another thread on this site, there was a posting that said the outside was being painted pink and the arm removed and replaced with a candle.

I am cool with the candle, however a pink sphere??? I don't think so.

We will see in due time though!

sniggle74

whizGoofy said:
In another thread on this site, there was a posting that said the outside was being painted pink and the arm removed and replaced with a candle.

If they did that, I guess Little Debbie would be a sponsor and SSE would be renamed "Sno-Ball Earth" :drevil:

God, I hate those things!

I highly doubt it would get that out of hand, but some recognition for a milestone such as this should be noted.

Sledge

Account Suspended
whizGoofy said:

You believe everything you read?

RnRJoe6114

If that happened and they put the candle where the arm is won't people not knowing it's the 25 think it's a giant 10? But I kinda doubt they paint the whole thing pink. I can deal with people calling it a golf ball, but a pink golf ball?

PhilharMagician

SSE is not going to be painted pink and don't look for a candle (I hope). It was a joke!!

Look for SSE's post show to be compete and continueing updates to the ride and its scenes. Since Siemens took over as sponsor SSE has seen many small improvments and they should continue to happen.

Epcot82Guy

PhilharMagician said:
SSE is not going to be painted pink and don't look for a candle (I hope). It was a joke!!

Look for SSE's post show to be compete and continueing updates to the ride and its scenes. Since Siemens took over as sponsor SSE has seen many small improvments and they should continue to happen.

Yes, the pink SSE thread was ENTIRELY a joke.

It seems Siemen's approach has been to sneak in at night and fix up little bits. I would assume the attraction will go down for the post-show rehab, but it will not be as long as past renovations. Regardless of a major celebration, it seems the updates to SSE will be done by Oct. 2007. But, that is always subject to change.

kcnole

Some of you people are the most gullable folks I've ever seen. The post about SSE being painted pink was a JOKE as was the arm with a candle. The only known changes to SSE is that it has a new sponsor (Siemens) and work has been ongoing. There is a new postshow currently being worked on and several effects have been refurbed within the ride.

Other than that nothing is known. There have been rumors of a closure to refurb the ride, but nothing has been made known so anything regarding work to the actual ride is just unconfirmed rumors at this point.

I would simply be happy if they would just remove the ugly arm.

arielbabe

shoppingnut said:
yeah last year i got stuck at the bit at the end when it shows all modern technology and all the lights came on and ruined the mood:(

IcicleM

Haha, I'm pretty sure the wink was meant to mean they were being sarcastic, haha. ^_^

Anywaaaay, yeah, the post show is definetely being worked on very quietly behind those giant walls, so that's something we can look forward to. And I believe I asked a cast member about renovations a while back, when I heard a rumor about them changing Spaceship Earth, and they said "The ride isn't going to be replaced by anything, but there are going to be small improvements to the ride to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for guests." So there's something to look forward to :)

Steve-B

IcicleM said:
. . .they said "The ride isn't going to be replaced by anything, but there are going to be small improvements to the ride to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for guests." So there's something to look forward to :)
I'm ready for that!! Last time I rode SSE, my back hurt for hours. I'll still ride it though :brick:.

oops - showing my age :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom