Epcot

Turtle

I usually go on one WDW trip per year (2 parks) but I realize I've never been to Epcot! This summer I plan to change that and this will be my first time in Epcot! (I went when I was 2 years old so I don't count that)
Any advice?

EDIT: My family used to go to all the parks but then we seemed to stop around 2003 and we only went to MK every few years. So we're starting to catch up on all the parks again and Epcot is one of the last ones to catch up on! (We went to AK and typhoon two years ago, we went to DHS this year, so next up is Epcot, and then last is Blizzard Beach) And we always go to Magic Kingdom on the side :)

Fletch

Highly encourage trying to catch the live outdoor entertainment at world showcase. The Ziti sisters at Italy, Taiko drums at Japan, Mo Rockin at Morocco (with belly dancer :D ) to name a few. The entertainment realy adds to the experience.

Upvote 0

LizC

Wow. I am shocked by this, you MUST get to EPCOT this time. The world showcase is amazing by itself. Be sure to make an ADR somewhere there.

When you do finally go I would love to hear how you felt about it. As someone who has been to WDW many times but never to EPCOT I would be interested to hear what you thought. I hope you will share with us.

Edit: Just curious, how is it you never made it over to EPCOT?

Upvote 0

maryszhi

wow.....:eek::eek::eek::eek: its ok :) i would spend the entire day. i would ride mission space, test track, soarin' and the rides in the world showcase. I would also eat pizza at via napoli. i would go to every country in the world showcase and immerse yourself.

Upvote 0

luv

A friend and I once spent the entire day at Epcot. Arrived a little before rope drop and stayed through Illuminations. When I picked her up the next morning and told her I was so tired that I fell asleep on top of the bedspread the second I walked into the room, she excitedly exclaimed that she had, too.

That is the only time I ever got through an entire day. But we did every single thing there was to do in Epcot.

I get tired just thinking about the end of that day, lol.

My favorites in Epcot:

SSE
Soarin
Living With the Land (not everyone's favorite, to be sure)
Test Track (although it's up in the air whether it will still be a fave)
Movies in Canada, France and China
Boat rides in Mexico and Norway (Norway is much better, IMO)
Off Kilter, Mo Rockin
...and, of course, illuminations

I also like Figment, but am one of very few people who do.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Epcot is our favorite park!!! We always make it our first very full day and last full day of our trips and many shorter visits in between. Be sure and catch Off Kiilter in Canada.

Upvote 0

disneypearl

You are going to love Epcot!
I would suggest to take your time and take in as much of the theming as you can. Just enjoy it. I love my days at Epcot and Illuminations will be the perfect way to end it. During your day I would suggest you ride Soarin, Test Track, and Spaceship Earth. Living with the Land is a great ride that is peaceful and interesting. Take a break at Club Cool and sample different types of Coke from around the world. The World Showcase is great with new details to be found everywhere. My favorite spot to eat at is in Italy at Via Napoli. I hope you will enjoy your visit to Epcot and let us know what you think.

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl3820

Yikes! Epcot is a fantastic park and will probably become one of your favorites. Just curious, what are the "2 parks" you frequent every year that trump Epcot? I'm assuming one is MK but the other?

Epcot is a place where you can spend a long time truly appreciating the details and diversity of the park without the rush. I feel Epcot is much more easy-going than MK or AK. The World Showcase is amazing and you can find every kind of food (and drink) imaginable. You should make some ADR's for Epcot before you go because there are some fantastic dining options there. The rides are terrific--Soarin and Test Track esp. Depending when you go there's always something going on. In the Fall there is the Wine & Food Festival and the Spring has the flower show. Live music is terrific and the whole ambiance is really special. Hope you have a terrific time!

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

wow.....:eek::eek::eek::eek: its ok :) i would spend the entire day. i would ride mission space, test track, soarin' and the rides in the world showcase. I would also eat pizza at via napoli. i would go to every country in the world showcase and immerse yourself.
I would do all these things as early in the morning as possible. Club Cool is a nice free place to sample Coke products. I must say we were not that impressed with Mission Space, but you have to give it a try! Via OOP is a nice place to eat!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Boy are you going to regret never having experienced Epcot before. SOOOO much to see and do. You should definitely grab a guide book and read up on whats available so you don't miss out on anything. Plan an entire day and be sure to spend enough time in each country, be sure to talk to the country's CM's. Get a good spot early to see Illuminations, it will floor you!!

Upvote 0

wiigirl

How have you NEVER been to Epcot!? :eek: I agree, stay all day! You must do Spaceship Earth!

Spaceship Earth is always a must!
75.gif

Upvote 0

Turtle

Original Poster
Wow. I am shocked by this, you MUST get to EPCOT this time. The world showcase is amazing by itself. Be sure to make an ADR somewhere there.

When you do finally go I would love to hear how you felt about it. As someone who has been to WDW many times but never to EPCOT I would be interested to hear what you thought. I hope you will share with us.

Edit: Just curious, how is it you never made it over to EPCOT?
My family went a lot before I was born and I went once when I was two years old, but then we started experimenting other parks (DAK, DHS, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon) and we just got attached to those and mostly did those.

Upvote 0

Turtle

Original Poster
Ok Turtle.It's daft question time here! Why do you just do 2 parks on your WDW vacation!?
Because I visit once a year so I always go back the next :) . Sometimes i get lucky and go twice a year!

EDIT: (I get to go every year because WDW is driving distance like 6 hours away)

Upvote 0

Turtle

Original Poster
Yikes! Epcot is a fantastic park and will probably become one of your favorites. Just curious, what are the "2 parks" you frequent every year that trump Epcot? I'm assuming one is MK but the other?

If our trip is in the Summer then we'd probably go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, if it's in Winter than we usually go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios..

Jan. 2010 - MK, AK
Jul. 2010 - MK, Typhoon
Jan. 2012 - MK, DHS

Apr. 2012 - (Field-Trip to YES Program at DHS)
Summer 2013 - MK, Epcot
My family used to go to all the parks but then we seemed to stop around 2003 and we only went to MK every few years. So we're starting to catch up on all the parks again and Epcot is the last one to catch up on! (We went to AK and typhoon two years ago, we went to DHS this year, so next up is Epcot :D )

Upvote 0

Castle Dreamer

A friend and I once spent the entire day at Epcot. Arrived a little before rope drop and stayed through Illuminations. When I picked her up the next morning and told her I was so tired that I fell asleep on top of the bedspread the second I walked into the room, she excitedly exclaimed that she had, too.

That is the only time I ever got through an entire day. But we did every single thing there was to do in Epcot.

I get tired just thinking about the end of that day, lol.

My favorites in Epcot:

SSE
Soarin
Living With the Land (not everyone's favorite, to be sure)
Test Track (although it's up in the air whether it will still be a fave)
Movies in Canada, France and China
Boat rides in Mexico and Norway (Norway is much better, IMO)
Off Kilter, Mo Rockin
...and, of course, illuminations

I also like Figment, but am one of very few people who do.

I'm with ya!! I like Figment, too!! :D

Upvote 0

LizC

My family went a lot before I was born and I went once when I was two years old, but then we started experimenting other parks (DAK, DHS, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon) and we just got attached to those and mostly did those.
Well I am glad to hear you are finally going to see EPCOT. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Be sure to leave time for a sit down meal at one of the WS restaurants.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Epcot rocks! Gotta do Soarin', Spaceship EArth, and Immagination. Have lunch at Sunshine Seasons in the Land and dinner at the Biergarten. And give yourself time to explore World Showcase. Oh and snack in France or Norway!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom