EPCOT: What would you add or change?

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
I was just thinking how for people who have been there many years, it may be a little dull now. I love it, but I don't think it would be a must do on my Florida vacation when I go back, especially because of the money and time that would actually be spent there. For us it's just a half a day park now. - That's just my opinion, so don't go crying over that bit.

So I just wanted to know what you would do with it if you magically were given all Epcot responsibility! :D

I think I would expand living with the sea's. I'd try and make sure the actual EPCOT meaning is incorporate dingo things. I think I would take one of Innovations and make it some sort of Imagineer thing. So people have the chance to see what Disney are working on, and how rides are made and the concept behind the rides etc. A bit like the Walt museum but with the rides and the history of the park and how these rides have developed.

Figment would go. Sorry. I think it's time we lay him to rest. :p I think a new 3D show is in need. No more old Captai EO re-runs or Honey I shrunk the kids etc, something that is up to date and fresh.

Cmdr_Crimson

. I think I would take one of Innovations and make it some sort of Imagineer thing. So people have the chance to see what Disney are working on, and how rides are made and the concept behind the rides etc. A bit like the Walt museum but with the rides and the history of the park and how these rides have developed..

They used to have the Imagineering labs in the Heydays of Innoventions. It was a showcase that was a preview of what was to come from Imagineering. Martin's Communicore/Innoventions tribute shows the prototype of what was called DisneyVR and what is now Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride attraction at DisneyQuest.

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
They used to have the Imagineering labs in the Heydays of Innoventions. It was a showcase that was a preview of what was to come from Imagineering. Martin's Communicore/Innoventions tribute shows the prototype of what was called DisneyVR and what is now Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride attraction at DisneyQuest.
Ahh must have missed that. I was thinking like a huge museum thing though, which would be impossible because they wouldn't budget it :D

Belle2013

I would bring back an updated version of Kitchen Kabaret just because that show was awesome! Haha! Okay seriously though, I would love to see some of the original classics back but more modern and fresh. An expanded area showcasing greenhouses as that ties into EPCOT quite well as it shows how we can grow our own food. I would also just completely revamp Innovations. There are some "okay" attractions there but really make it more attractive to guests by using the magic band technology. They could totally have a "Meet the Robinsons" type of coaster in Future World that would be an "E" ticket. There isn't a lot for little kids really in the park so maybe some type of ride geared towards them. EPCOT used to be so educational and I wish that element of the park could come back.

champdisney

I would make use of the Wonders of Life pavilion and give it an E-ticket themed to storms. I would completely renovate the Imagination pavilion... transform Ellen into something else.. and finally make Future World look futuristic!

The Magical Genie 123

I would get rid of Figment and EO and bring back the original Journey into Imagination. I would also add a Spain country, along with maybe a Wall-E roller coaster. Also add some more characters. You can't find too many at Epcot besides the Fab 5 and Chip n Dale. Put in Genie with Aladdin and Jasmine at Morocco.;)

Jwhee

Re-Open and renovate WOL. New Body Wars with different rides every time. Cranium Command alternates Storylines every show. Get rid of all the middle theaters and make it more like the land. Modernize it and make the colors less crazy and wild. Get rid of the circus theme and make it more of a modern type place. And put a restruant and water feature in the middle.

rob0519

I was just thinking how for people who have been there many years, it may be a little dull now. I love it, but I don't think it would be a must do on my Florida vacation when I go back, especially because of the money and time that would actually be spent there. For us it's just a half a day park now. - That's just my opinion, so don't go crying over that bit.

So I just wanted to know what you would do with it if you magically were given all Epcot responsibility! :D

I think I would expand living with the sea's. I'd try and make sure the actual EPCOT meaning is incorporate dingo things. I think I would take one of Innovations and make it some sort of Imagineer thing. So people have the chance to see what Disney are working on, and how rides are made and the concept behind the rides etc. A bit like the Walt museum but with the rides and the history of the park and how these rides have developed.

Figment would go. Sorry. I think it's time we lay him to rest. :p I think a new 3D show is in need. No more old Captai EO re-runs or Honey I shrunk the kids etc, something that is up to date and fresh.

Captain EO has to to for sure. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids should never be seen again. I would like to go back and revisit Walt's original plans for EPCOT. While the idea of a community where people live is not viable, maybe there are some concepts on how to bring demonstrations of cutting edge technology into the park.

One last thing. Build a monorail station at the World Showcase end of the park. The walk from the front to the back is just insane for anyone under the age of 10, over the age of 40 or anyone with any type of disability.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Change Test Track to make it similar to how it was.

Update Figment (but not get rid of completely).

Add two new countries, Spain and India

Update Soarin' to make it Soarin' over the East Coast. Start out at Niagra Falls, work our way down, end in WDW.

Reopen Wonders of Life and revamp attractions that had been present inside.

Get rid of that Circle of Life show; put in an additional 3D show. Starring Olaf from Frozen.

Get rid of Mission: Space. Add a Space themed roller coaster in its place.

James122

I would update Journey Into Imagination and bring back Dreamfinder.

I would update and reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Captain EO would go bye-bye, as the Image Works would be reimagined and expanded.

I would also add more countries to the World Showcase, update the Soarin' film, and revamp Universe of Energy.

Most importantly, I would form a collaboration with NASA or some other aerospace corporation and expand the Mission: Space pavilion to include more exhibits and displays about space and space travel, possibly even creating a 3-D space film. It boggles my mind how Disney botched a perfectly good opportunity to create a wonderful space themed pavilion that could also educate guests about the wonders of the stars and the universe.

Oh, and I'd move the Leave A Legacy tombstones out of the entrance plaza to somewhere else on property...maybe the TTC.

pumpkin7

I'd certainly change SSE back to it's pre refurb state, back to the proper decent with scenes in and Jeremy Irons narration.
And I've never seen the original Journey so I wouldn't mind that back either.

Last edited:

cynic710

like your wallE idea as a possible new ride. like the movie, it can have an environmental message. be a nice fit for the park.

the possibilities are endless really, i was thinking:
- guests get aboard an escape pod thats floating through space, accompained by wallE on his fire extinguisher.
- guests would be explorers from the axium that landed on a barren earth on some sort of exploration pod, only to be greeted by wallE
- an outer space roller coaster of sorts, with storyline throughout (thinking mummy coaster)
- a ride with the last plant equipped in the front, and guests are tasked with getting it "planted"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom