EPCOT vs Hollywood Studios

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Should You Skip Epcot in 2022? - Disney Tourist Blog
Disney's Epcot needed a revamp. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy are here  to save the day - CNN
harmonious-nighttime-spectacular-fireworks-50th-anniversary-disney-world-049.jpg

Hollywood Studios: Disney World's Best Rides & Most Frustrating Park -  Disney Tourist Blog
Disney's Hollywood Studios | Guide to Rides, Shows & Dining
WDW 2020 Studios Sunset Boulevard at night 3 - AllEars.Net

Chef Mickey

EPCOT somehow still feels ruined. Maybe because it's still a construction zone?

HS is "done" but still feels like a shell of its former self.

Currently, I prefer HS.

Poseidon Quest

I only go to Epcot for Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. Otherwise, both parks are completely uninteresting to me and desperately need better attractions and capacity. I only really go to Magic and Animal Kingdom these days.

yonafunu

I only go to Epcot for Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. Otherwise, both parks are completely uninteresting to me and desperately need better attractions and capacity. I only really go to Magic and Animal Kingdom these days.
Better attractions like what ? RoR, Mickey&Minnie RR, the new Guardians of Galaxy are top of the notch currently at Wdw. I'm curious what kind of attractions would be better.

J4546

Epcot hands down for me, but thats because I live in CA and Epcot is a totally exclusive experience whereas I get to experience a lot of the major things in DHS in Cali with Galaxies Edge, Star Tours, TSM, a smaller Fantasmic, a rethemed ToT, and MMRR is coming to DL very soon but I def want to ride it. The only major things in DHS that Id wanna see are IJ stunt show, TSL, the og ToT, Muppets Land and SciFi Drive In. Epcot is GotG Coaster, Space220, TT, SSE, Land and Seas Pavilion, and then the entire back half/lagoon area of the park. DHS still needs the most work even though its gotten so much recently. Its just so small

UNCgolf

They were both better parks 20+ years ago (EPCOT vastly so), but EPCOT is still preferable to DHS right now.

I can't spend more than half a day at DHS because there aren't many attractions worth waiting in line to ride and there's very little else there after Disney stripped away so much of the park's original interest.

EPCOT is a shell of its former self, but it does still have Spaceship Earth, the aquarium (even though it's also a shell of what it once was as Seabase Alpha), and the World Showcase -- I can easily kill a few hours wandering around there.

DisneyPsycho

Epcot is a perpetual construction zone, which is ironic for a park that's predominantly themed around progress. Therefore, Hollywood Studios will get my vote.

doctornick

They were both better parks 20+ years ago (EPCOT vastly so), but EPCOT is still preferable to DHS right now.
To each their own but I’m of the mind that original era MGM was terrible and an embarrassment to Disney parks. I’m sorry but a behind the scenes tour of movie making in a fake production area (not someplace like Uni Hollywood which has actual history) and having that be the vast majority of the content of a theme park is terrible.

DHS still needs more attractions and needs to bring back missing live entertainment but what’s there now is considerably better than the original park IMHO.

UNCgolf

To each their own but I’m of the mind that original era MGM was terrible and an embarrassment to Disney parks. I’m sorry but a behind the scenes tour of movie making in a fake production area (not someplace like Uni Hollywood which has actual history) and having that be the vast majority of the content of a theme park is terrible.

DHS still needs more attractions and needs to bring back missing live entertainment but what’s there now is considerably better than the original park IMHO.

Well it wasn't a fake production area -- they did do some filming there. They also actually animated several Disney films there, and that was a big part of the tour. I remember seeing animators work on Mulan, and the Catastrophe Canyon section was also excellent. I agree that that the actual production area wasn't comparable to something like visiting the Paramount lot in LA, though.

Regardless, I was really talking about everything else. The whole park had a specific theme and everything committed to it. Sid Cahuenga's was a masterpiece and the shopping in general was very well done. Now the park essentially has no theme at all; it's just a random collection of things.

If attractions are the most important thing (or only important thing), then I can definitely understand someone preferring the current version of DHS -- the overall attraction lineup is stronger now, despite the loss of Great Movie Ride which was better than anything that currently exists at DHS except Rise (I assume... haven't been on it yet) and possibly the Tower of Terror. But as a themed experience, Disney-MGM was light years better than what exists now with the exception of Galaxy's Edge (which is disappointing, but for reasons other than theming -- it does that pretty well). Most of the rest of the park is just a collection of nice facades with no theme left on the inside.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

I can't spend more than half a day at DHS because there aren't many attractions worth waiting in line to ride and there's very little else there after Disney stripped away so much of the park's original interest.

EPCOT is a shell of its former self, but it does still have Spaceship Earth, the aquarium (even though it's also a shell of what it once was as Seabase Alpha), and the World Showcase -- I can easily kill a few hours wandering around there.
I hear what you’re saying, but in my personal opinion Epcot is well on its way to being the best version of itself that it has ever been. The dining options are as good as ever, and the overall lineup of attractions is also better than at any time in the past, especially with the recent addition of Guardians. Once all the current construction is resolved (if that ever occurs, lol), I think the place is going to be spectacular.

UNCgolf

I hear what you’re saying, but in my personal opinion Epcot is well on its way to being the best version of itself that it has ever been. The dining options are as good as ever, and the overall lineup of attractions is also better than at any time in the past, especially with the recent addition of Guardians. Once all the current construction is resolved (if that ever occurs, lol), I think the place is going to be spectacular.

I strongly disagree on the attraction lineup -- it's not close to what it was 25 years ago. EPCOT used to have several of the best attractions WDW has ever built anywhere; now it has one (Spaceship Earth) and it's not even as good as it used to be.

I know people love Guardians, and I think it's fine, but it's not a top 10 ride at WDW for me. It's an improvement over Ellen's Energy Adventure since that ride was tremendously outdated, but they could have done something better in that spot IMO. Everything else there is worse than what it replaced. Mission: SPACE isn't even comparable to Horizons, Test Track is fun but not as good as World of Motion, and JIYI is an embarrassment compared to the original Imagination attraction (all three of those were top 10 all time WDW attractions). Beyond that, most of the pavilions used to have various other activities/shows that no longer exist.

EPCOT used to have the best attraction lineup anywhere -- even with the recent construction, it's still in a fight for last place with DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom