Epcot Touring Plan

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I am continuing the Frog Family Touring Plan Series with Epcot.

Be at the entrance by 9AM or earlier.
Enter Future World.
  • Visit Spaceship Earth.
  • Visit Innoventions.
  • Get FASTPASS for Test Track.
  • Visit Ellen's Energy Adventure.
  • Visit Test Track.
  • Visit Advanced Training Lab.
    [*]Visit Journey Into Imagination.
  • Get FASTPASS for Captain EO.
  • Visit ImageWorks: The Kodak "What If?" Labs.
  • Visit Captain EO.
  • Get FASTPASS for Soarin' Over California.
  • Visit Circle of Life.
  • Visit Soarin' Over California.
  • Eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons.
  • Visit Living with the Land.
  • Visit The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
  • Visit Turtle Talk with Crush.
Enter World Showcase.
  • Get FASTPASS for Maelstrom.
  • Visit Grand Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros.
  • Browse Mexico.
  • Visit Maelstrom.
  • Browse Norway.
  • Visit Reflections of China.
  • Browse Germany.
  • Browse Italy.
  • Visit The American Adventure.
  • Browse United States.
  • Eat dinner at Liberty Inn.
  • Browse Japan.
  • Browse Morocco.
  • Visit Impressions de France.
  • Browse France.
  • Browse United Kingdom.
  • Visit British Invasion @_____.
  • Visit O Canada!.
  • Browse Canada.
  • Find a good spot to watch IllumiNations -Reflections of Earth!.
  • Watch IllumiNations -Reflections of Earth! @_____.
I will be continuing with Disney's Hollywood Studios later this week.

brent2124

If you are going to be at Epcot by 9:00 AM and not go straight to Soarin to either ride or get a FastPass you are insane and your "touring plan" is flawed. Also why would you need a FastPass for Captain Eo?

ScorpionX

Original Poster
If you are going to be at Epcot by 9:00 AM and not go straight to Soarin to either ride or get a FastPass you are insane and your "touring plan" is flawed. Also why would you need a FastPass for Captain Eo?
You use FASTPASS when you use FASTPASS.

SAV

Not to be as blunt as Brent, but I am wondering why you would waste time at SSE right in the morning, at one of its most crowded times, instead of making a bee line to Soarin' to either ride or get a FP and then ride SSE later when it is walk on? Then it shows to do Innoventions before doing or getting a FP for any of the big FP rides? Makes no sense to me.

The Soarin' fastpasses usually "sell out" early, so they may not be available after doing all of that other stuff.

What works for us is to have 1 person take the park passes to get the Soarin' FP's while the rest go and wait by Nemo. Jump in that line while it is relatively short, do that and look at the Seas pavilion while waiting for the FP time(which would be relatively close return time). If it allows, do TT with Crush while waiting. You would be getting more bang for your time this way. Not to mention doing the Kid ______ stops at each while in there.

But hey if that's what you want to do, go for it and enjoy.

rct247

Better Touring Plan - (Park Hours: 9am - 9pm)

[My attempt to help Kermit out with a better touring plan.]

-Arrive at Epcot between 9:00am to 9:30am.

-Proceed Directly to Soarin' for a Fastpass.
-Visit The Seas with Nemo & Friends
*Take time for exhibits & Turtle Talk with Crush
-Visit Captain EO OR Journey into Imagination (depending on kids)
-Visit Soarin' (Fastpass)
-Eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons inside The Land
-Visit Living with The Land

-Spend some time exploring Innoventions & stop by Club Cool
-Proceed to Test Track for a Fastpass.
-Visit Mission: Space
-Visit Spaceship Earth

-Visit Oh Canada! at the Canada Pavilion.
-Walk through United Kingdom (if you have kids, sign up for Kim Possible)
-Stop in France to get a snack at the pastry shop.
-Explore Morrocco
-Check out Japan
-Visit The American Adventure (for some nice air-conditioned relief and a good show)
-Walk through Italy
-Take a friendship boat or walk to Future World
-Visit Test Track (Fastpass)
-Visit Ellen's Energy Adventure
-Proceed to Maelstrom to get a Fastpass.
-Visit Grand Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros in Mexico.
-Visit Reflections of China AND/OR watch acrobat show.
-Visit Maelstrom (Fastpass)
-Eat dinner at either:
*Table Service: Biergarten in Germany or Tokyo Dinning (personal favorites)
*Quick Service: Yakitori House in Japan, Liberty Inn in USA, or Lotus Blossom Cafe (personal favorites)
-Explore Germany
-Grab a spot for IllumiNations around 8:30pm either: (Take into account the wind direction.)
*Italy
*Between Mexico & Norway
*Between Canada & UK
-Enjoy IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Other Things to Consider:
-You can choose to skip these attractions unless you have more time:
*Circle of Life
*Impressions de France
-On a very busy day, you can also skip these attractions:
*Ellen's Energy Adventure
*Journey into Imagination
*Reflections of China
*Innoventions
-Good things to do during the rain:
*Spend time in The Seas with Nemo & Friends
*Spend time in The Land
*Visit the American Adventure
*Visit Oh Canada!
*Visit Spaceship Earth
*Check out Innoventions
-During the busy holiday season, take into account must larger crowds, and also the added attraction of Holidays Around the World (Check show times).
-During annual events such as the Food & Wine Festival or the Flower & Garden Festival, take time to visit festival stands, especially Food & Wine.
-Fastpass is only necessary on Soarin' & Test Track. Maelstrom can get busy from time to time and a Fastpass can be helpful. Do not Fastpass Mission:Space or Captain EO.
-Fastpass WILL be gone for Soarin' by 1pm on your average day, noon on a crowded day, and 2pm on a very very light day. Test Track may last longer, but usually gone by 4pm.
-Do not wait to get a good spot for IllumiNations. The center front viewing area is for Dinning Package and VIP only, so don't try. Italy is also periodically reserved for conventions and small groups as well. Always take wind direction into account to avoid smoke blown your direction. Also avoid China, The Outpost, Morocco, American Adventure, and most of France unless you wanted a limited view.
-Always plan your day around the daily closing of Future World at 7pm and some of its attractions. Not doing so can result in having nothing to do in World Showcase until IllumiNations and missing some things in Future World. You can always save some of Future World's major attractions for later in the day such as Soarin', Test Track, and Spaceship Earth.
-Finally, don't rush your visit or try to complete this entire list. Relax and have fun. Epcot is a huge park to walk around with lots of things to explore.

There you have it folks, not the best touring plan, but perhaps a better one to help Kermit out with all the complaints.

Susan Savia

We are always at the gate before opening. We go straight to Spaceship Earth (easy on/easy off), and then back to Test Track. We spend time in Innoventions (both sides) and by then it's usually nearing 11:00 and we head down to as far as you can go before they let you go back into World Showcase and turning towards Mexico we begin our world tour and visit each country in turn, riding their rides, seeing their movies and checking out their shops. We always have lunch at the Liberty Inn and in England see the Brittish Invasion and in Canada see Off Kilter. Back to Future World we ride Imagination, go into the Lands, Seas and Energy and hit some of the stores we may of missed earlier. By now its dark and we head out, unless we'd planned to stay for the fireworks. One thing we do not do is criss cross. If we're in the World Showcase we're not going to dash back to Future World just for a ride on something and then back to World Showcase for something else. Waste of time doing all that.

mimimouse

First time

Going to WDW for the first time in December for a week with my teenage daughter. Epcot is our first stop and the one we are looking forward to the most am taking into account any and all suggestions. Thanks you all for these posts and anymore you wish to contribute I am reading these daily. Leave on 20th.

epcotWSC

Always get your Soarin FP as soon as you walk in. There's no excuses not to get it, otherwise you're screwed.

Then head on over to Test Track. More of the big attractions don't have really long waits before 10 or 11AM (especially if it's not too great of a day outside). So if you run over there, you can usually get on with a fairly short wait.

After that depending on how much time you have left on your FP, you can probably head over to something like Spaceship Earth or the Seas with Nemo and Friends.

When your FP is on the time, do Soarin. When you get out of Soarin, if you want to do it again, get another FP.

Once you do that, head over to Mission: Space. If you do the less harsh version, the line shouldn't be as long. If you like Orange, go for that, you may need to get a FP for that instead of Soarin. Depends on the day.

After Mission Space you can pretty much pick whatever you want to do before your Soarin FP is ready to be used.

The idea for me is to get all of future world done before lunch. You shouldn't need your FP for anything but Soarin if you time it right. Test Track is overrated as a long line. If you go early enough, as I said, you can probably get through on standby within 20 minutes. That is unless it breaks down like it tends to do quite often.

Once lunch time comes, head on over the World Showcase. Eat your lunch, then start drinking :). Spend the rest of the day in world showcase having some drinks, some laughs, and being merry. You'd be surprised how much time you can spend in each country. Be sure to do each country's attractions/shows as well.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Always get your Soarin FP as soon as you walk in. There's no excuses not to get it, otherwise you're screwed.

Then head on over to Test Track. More of the big attractions don't have really long waits before 10 or 11AM (especially if it's not too great of a day outside). So if you run over there, you can usually get on with a fairly short wait.

After that depending on how much time you have left on your FP, you can probably head over to something like Spaceship Earth or the Seas with Nemo and Friends.

When your FP is on the time, do Soarin. When you get out of Soarin, if you want to do it again, get another FP.

Once you do that, head over to Mission: Space. If you do the less harsh version, the line shouldn't be as long. If you like Orange, go for that, you may need to get a FP for that instead of Soarin. Depends on the day.

After Mission Space you can pretty much pick whatever you want to do before your Soarin FP is ready to be used.

The idea for me is to get all of future world done before lunch. You shouldn't need your FP for anything but Soarin if you time it right. Test Track is overrated as a long line. If you go early enough, as I said, you can probably get through on standby within 20 minutes. That is unless it breaks down like it tends to do quite often.

Once lunch time comes, head on over the World Showcase. Eat your lunch, then start drinking :). Spend the rest of the day in world showcase having some drinks, some laughs, and being merry. You'd be surprised how much time you can spend in each country. Be sure to do each country's attractions/shows as well.
There's only one problem with that: I don't drink.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
One thing to consider is that I don't use FASTPASS. I use something similar but don't know the name of it.

NOO.. Never walk right in and go to SSE. First of all, the line moves so quickly, I'd never waste early morning hours on it. Get on it when you've done everything else, or on your way OUT. Secondly, every uninitiated tourist is going to walk right for the big white ball creating longer lines than necessary.

I usually:

head RIGHT to Soarin' and get a FP, if the line is still short and you love it like I di, ride),
Ride Sum of All Thrills
Ride TT
Ride M:S
If your window has opened get a FP for TT to use later.
Go back to the Land. If your window has opened, ride Soarin'
If not, ride The Seas and Living with the Land, EO, JII, whatever until it's time.
After Soarin', explore everything else on that side you didn't get to do BEFORE Soarin'.
If your TT FP window is open, or 2 hours have passed get another FP for Soarin' (I love Soarin')
Do whatever else you want in FW before heading to WS. I'd start on the Norway side if rides are your priority, since you'll want to get to Maelstrom before the lines build. Make your way around WS, or save half for another day and take the boat back,
On the way out, use your earlier FP for TT.
Do Ellen's Energy adventure if you want
Ride SSE on the way out, since at this time the influx of people should have slowed, the line won't be long at all, and this will take you back to the park entrance to exit.

The rest of the plan is JMO but I do feel rather strongly about getting on and getting FP for a headliner at RD rather than heading for SSE which is a people-eater.

arko

Yeah, us too! :lookaroun

The only thing that would get fastpass access without a fastpass would be the use of a Guest Assistance Card that allows the use of alternate entrances.

Our son has autism and we would not visit WDW without it.

That being said they do not give out those cards to everyone, so this plan would not be advisable to most people.

RonAnnArbor

This should probably not be posted under TIPS since the people looking at it flat out without reading through it are going to think what the OP posted is somehow helpful..

The Touring Plan presented by the OP is awful and will not work -- Look at the alternate presented....or look at the touring plan at TOuringplans.com or in the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World book....

But DO NOT FOLLOW the touring plan presented by the OP

Too bad there isn't a way to remove this post entirely.....

Cardinals314

A plan I found depends on if you are visiting Epcot 1 day or 2 days on your trip. Make sure that you are at the main gate 30 minutes before opening. At Epcot, you will be let in about 10 minutes or so before the posted opening time. Here is a two day plan:

Day 1:
1. Ride Soarin’: 9am – 9:25am
2. Collect FASTPASSes for Soarin’– Return time of 10:30am – 11:30am
3. Ride Living with the Land: 9:30am – 9:45am
4. Ride Journey of the Seas with Nemo and Friends at The Seas: 9:55am – 10:05am
5. See Turtle Talk with Crush and Look Around the Seas: 10:10am – 10:40am
6. Ride Soarin’ with FASTPASS: 10:50am – 11:10am
7. Have lunch at Sunshine Seasons in the Land or up in World Showcase
You can focus this day's world showcase on Canada to Japan. You can return to Future World after 5pm if you want do to Imagination pavilion, innoventions, or Spaceship Earth (could save Spaceship earth for second day if wanted)

Day 2:
1. Collect FASTPASSes for Test Track – Return time of 9:45am – 10:45am
2. Ride Test Track: 9am – 9:30am
3. Ride Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions East: 9:35pm – 9:55pm
4. Ride Mission: SPACE: 10am – 10:20am
5. Ride Test Track with FASTPASS: 10:30am – 10:50am
Then head into world showcase and start with Mexico and go around to USA. Return to Future World after 5pm for innoventions and Ellen's Energy adventure if wanted.

A one day plan is more difficult to arrange. The top 3 priorities are Soarin, Test Track, and Sum of All Thrills. You have to decided if you want your day more focused on World Showcase or the attractions in Future World. My friends and I decided we wanted to spend more time in World Showcase. This was the plan I used during the week before Easter:

1. Ride Soarin': 9:00am - 9:22am
2. Collect Fastpasses for Test Track: Return Time of 11am -12pm
3. Ride Sum of All Thrills: 9:41am - 10:23am
3. Ride Mission Space: 10:30am - 11:15am
4. Use Fastpasses for Test Track (At this time, Test Track was down, so my friends and I went to World Showcase)
5. Ride Malestrom: 12:10pm - 12:30pm (We were doing Drinks around the world which slowed down our plan)
6. Ride Grand Fiesta: 12:38pm - 12:50pm
7. Went back to Test Track to use Fastpasses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom