Epcot Tier 1: Maelstrom or TT?

JohnD

Original Poster
I'll be in Epcot over two days with my parents. I have selected Soarin' for Day 2. On Day 1, would you suggest Maelstrom or Test Track in Tier 1? Keep in mind my parents, especially my Mom, might not want to be on the speedy TT. OTOH, is using FP+ on Maelstrom a good idea or a waste? As mentioned in another thread, I could stick with TT and swap bands with the folks so I could ride it three times in the same hour.

Tom

Beta Return
If you want to ride TT without a wait, you could do the band-swapping thing, or you could ride single-rider while they wait. Then you could all ride Maelstrom.

If you are planning to ride Test Track 3 times, you might not want to have all 3 bands have a reservation time during the same hour. It is supposedly taking longer to go through the line with the line merging earlier because of the car design room and when you factor in the ride time, it will probably take longer than an hour to ride 3 times in a row.

JohnD

Original Poster
Good points both of you. I could ride Single Rider in TT while they, say, walk over to the Festival Center and check out the F&G exhibits. It's in the vicinity. We ride Maelstrom together. I made that FP+ anyway for just after lunch time.

Redhawk

After lunchtime is good. The lines for Maelstrom build up in the late afternoon and evening as more guests go toward the restaurants, so the usual advice is to get a late FP for that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom