Epcot Sign

D0nald

Original Poster
Hello everyone..
I'm new around here, and there are a couple of things about this forum, that I don't understand yet...
For example....I can only go back no further thatn a month ago......How can I read posts older than that?
I was surfing the web today, and checking pictures I saw that the Epcot ball (Spaceship earth) doesn't have the EPCOT sign and the Mickey's hand on top...
I tried to search for that info on this forum, but I didn't get any info about it
I don't want to post a thread that somebody already did before (as I did on my first incurssion here)...So...Can anyone give me a hand with this info?...or tell me what happened at Epcot?
Thanks...
Ps: sorry about my english, but I'm from Southamerica (Argentina actually), and english is not my main language

Expo_Seeker40

El signo de Epcot sobre la Tierra de Nave Espacial fue una estructura temporaria creada en 1999 para la celebración de Millenium. Dijo originalmente 2000 en ello y entonces fue cambiado a Epcot. En 2007, la Tierra de Nave Espacial recibió a un nuevo patrocinador corporativo, que trabajó con Disney para bajar la estructura, regresando la mirada de la Tierra de Nave Espacial a ello es apariencia original.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The wand was originally intended to be temporary, as part of the millenium celebration in the parks. It came down in 2007, I believe.....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hello everyone..
I'm new around here, and there are a couple of things about this forum, that I don't understand yet...
For example....I can only go back no further thatn a month ago......How can I read posts older than that?
I was surfing the web today, and checking pictures I saw that the Epcot ball (Spaceship earth) doesn't have the EPCOT sign and the Mickey's hand on top...
I tried to search for that info on this forum, but I didn't get any info about it
I don't want to post a thread that somebody already did before (as I did on my first incurssion here)...So...Can anyone give me a hand with this info?...or tell me what happened at Epcot?
Thanks...
Ps: sorry about my english, but I'm from Southamerica (Argentina actually), and english is not my main language
See the box at the bottom of the main forum page? There is an option to change the date range of the showing threads anywhere from the last day all the way to the very beginning.
screengrab4copy.jpg

Hope that helps. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello everyone..
Thanks...

Check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Sorcerer-Mickey-Wand/News.htm for a full history and construction/demolition photos.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hello everyone..
Thanks...
Welcome.

I think your English is fine. Better than some people around here that are actually from the states. :D

s.ollie

The link below gives you the long form of all the abbreviations used here:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

This link should probably be stickied at the top of the forums. I lurked here for quite a while before signing up, and these abbreviations can be a bit intimidating to the newbie.

Oh goodness, thanks for that, i was struggling with a few and afraid to ask because I've noticed a few members can get a little antsy with new members who make mistakes :zipit:

PaisleyMF

El signo de Epcot sobre la Tierra de Nave Espacial fue una estructura temporaria creada en 1999 para la celebración de Millenium. Dijo originalmente 2000 en ello y entonces fue cambiado a Epcot. En 2007, la Tierra de Nave Espacial recibió a un nuevo patrocinador corporativo, que trabajó con Disney para bajar la estructura, regresando la mirada de la Tierra de Nave Espacial a ello es apariencia original.

I know Spanish and this post gave me a huge smile. "La Tierra de Nave Espacial" specially. The translation should have been " la Nave Espacial Tierra"

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Ademas: Bienvenido al los Foros.

trr1

translation by babelfish
The sign on the Epcot Spaceship Earth was a temporary structure created in 1999 to celebrate the Millennium. It originally said 2000 and then was changed to Epcot. In 2007, Spaceship Earth was a new corporate sponsor, who worked with Disney to get the structure, returning the gaze of Spaceship Earth is it original appearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom