Epcot segway tour

maconMouse

Yes, it's an awesome tour that I highly recommend! It's a little pricey (like $80 + tax), but it's well worth it in my opinion. Most tours start every day except Sunday I do believe at 8:30 and 9:30 AM and last three hours. The first hour is training indoors, and the second two hours are spent going around World Showcase. There are about 10 people in each tour.

I did it for the first time this past May, and was really surprised how easy it was to learn to maneuver in no time. It "helps you" stay balanced, and is an amazing transporter. My guide was Sarah, and she was super nice and helpful. Ask for her if you can. She gave us lots of interesting tidbits on World Showcase as we went around also. There is a second guide who follows everyone in the rear just to make sure no one has any problems.

I especially loved circling the garden maze in the United Kingdom. It's so much fun to be in World Showcase before it's opened up to everyone, and you have exclusive access to all the sidewalks. We lucked out with picture perfect weather too, and got to enjoy boats going by us in the lagoon with different colorful kites. You'll get a chance to stop for pictures during the tour too in Italy, and will just love sharing those with friends back home.

There's a newer, shorter tour now I've read called Simply Segway you can also choose that includes just indoor training and some simple riding. Here's the links on both tours.

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#seg
http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#ss

I hope to do it again next year! And I sure would love to have one to use at home and work. :cool:

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
I totally agree, I did the Segway tour this past May as well. It was a huge amount of fun, and will no doubt want to do it again next time I visit!

Going around the world showcase is varied with plenty of chance to freely move around, within reason and then the slightly more challenging bumps, ramps and slopes to take on with the friendly and helpful CM's keeping an eye on you to keep you safe.

Attachments

• thumb-DSC00657.jpg
    thumb-DSC00657.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 37

diveteam

The Segway tour was one of the highlights of my trip last year, so much so I am going to do it again this year. I was a little worried bout how easy they are to ride but within a couple of minutes you get the hang of it.

:sohappy: Highly Recommended :sohappy:

p.s I liked it so much I chose it as my avatar

KRT

I took the tour for the first time earlier this year, and it's a lot of fun. The trainers/guides were great, and I was surprised how quickly the segway can be mastered. I got a 15% discount for being a AAA member.

I undertand that there is a weight maximum of 250lbs. How strictly is this adhered to? My DH is a bit more generously proportioned than that but we would like to take the tour when we visit in December. If the weight maximum is more of a guideline than a rule than perhaps we can book it.

ritchie56

Tinkershelly said:
I undertand that there is a weight maximum of 250lbs. How strictly is this adhered to? My DH is a bit more generously proportioned than that but we would like to take the tour when we visit in December. If the weight maximum is more of a guideline than a rule than perhaps we can book it.

My son is "on the nose" 250 lbs. I worried before we went that he would gain a bit of weight befroe the trip and he wouldn't be allowed to go. But that was not an issue at all. I saw no evidence that there were scales anywhere. I assume if someone very large and obviously over the limit tried to ride they might question it, but if he is close to the mark I don't believe you will have a problem.

Main Street USA

The weight issue isn't whether or not they choose to let someone ride, it's more about safety, as theh Segway is built to handle a certain weight. It simply won't function properly if the weight limit is broken by too much, and it's certainly a safety issue. Therefore, I would imagine they're fairly strict about the weight rule. They WILL ask you when you book if everyone is at or under the weight limit, and you can lie, but I think that takes away your right to be upset when you arrive and they don't let you on one.

Not trying to be rude here by any means, just trying to give the most accurate info possible. I would be sure to tell the truth about the rider's actual weight on the phone, and let them tell you yes or no right there. It'd be a lot worse to get there that morning, be told no, be let down, and be out $80. (they won't give you your money back)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom