EPCOT/Progress City Model Location

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
from what I have read online it seems no one knows where the remaining pieces of the Epcot model are, after they cut out the small section for a TTA. I guess I wondered if anyone on here knew, or had a guess as to where they are keeping it. I thought they could possibly still be keeping it in the top floor of carousel progress at Disneyland, but I assumed someone would know about it if that were true. I assume it is probably in storage somewhere, I thought I would ask anyway.

FettFan

from what I have read online it seems no one knows where the remaining pieces of the Epcot model are, after they cut out the small section for a TTA. I guess I wondered if anyone on here knew, or had a guess as to where they are keeping it. I thought they could possibly still be keeping it in the top floor of carousel progress at Disneyland, but I assumed someone would know about it if that were true. I assume it is probably in storage somewhere, I thought I would ask anyway.

As much as it pains me to say it, but the rest of the model really has no use once the Progress City center was removed.
It's probably in a landfill somewhere.

JIMINYCR

I can imagine someone who worked for the Mouse and has an HO scale train set up in their playroom took the discarded model section and included it into their train layout.
30f9318bc8fa67828ec6cf6a3a149e70.jpg

lazyboy97o

The second floor of the Carousel Theater building has been used at Disneyland since the 1970s, it is not there. A landfill really is the most likely answer. Even when it was cut up for relocation it was not the most meticulous work done by Disney.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
Alrighty - thanks for the replies! I was still holding on to the desperate hope that it was in storage somewhere - I'm sure it is in a landfill somewhere though - what a waste of such an incredible model.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom