Epcot Overhaul idea

Tank Man

Original Poster
When I look at Epcot for possible new rides I must first see if it will fit in and if it will work and how it can help the park and boy it sure does need help.
Disney can save this park as they have done with the others but Epcot was an idea by Walt that must be fully brought back up (partly) so I proudly introduce my Epcot Overhaul
Epcot Overhaul
Another one of my ideas to become a “silly” one
When I look at Epcot I see something that is needed, more thrill rides, a way of transportation around the park and rides/experiences. Epcot needs more IP’s but also some original ideas to live up to the original idea. I think it is possible to use some free space to add some expansion room to Epcot first. Move the river surrounding the WS Lagoon so we could fit some rides with the level of thrill in Test Track and education as well. Also some things will have to move for more area for backspace (plus this idea will use current day Epcot, not the soon to be re-innovated Future World).
Future World West (Seas, Land and Imagination)
The Seas pavilion will need to change. Since it has to be within the realm of close future it should be a aquarium but it will have a submarine (realistic one) docked in the bay off to the side. The aquarium would be the one from Finding Dory housing two FN rides. The seas with Nemo and Friends will be upgraded and remade with better effects and it will be better. The second ride will be a port of the Crush Coaster in Paris on the other side in a beach area. Then the submarine outside will be a dining area (an idea from Tony Baxter’s unbuilt Discovery land) it will not have the 20K theme but a actual submarine feel with screens to act like windows where guests can see lots of aquatic animals come by.
The Land pavilion will keep Soarin but will instead fix some of the problems the OG has (curved screen and etc) and will introduce 4D effects and more steady motion but the same old amazing soundtrack. Then Living with the Land will change to be Garden Tour with educational talk about plants and the show scenes next to the spinning dinner will change to be more plants so this will be the ultimate plant smack-down ride. Probably will still be boring. The restaurant there won’t changes.
The Imagination pavilion will get another Glass Pyramid and Journey into Imagination with Figment will turn back into an upgraded original with better effects because it will still be better then the others. Then the Imagination lab will partly move to above the ride in one of the pyramids with more weird things to do. Also their will be a food stand there as well. Then in the new pyramid and part of the old one will house another attraction relating to Inside Out as a River Rapids and will be the “Splash Mountain” of the park. The theatre will be removed for a bigger fountain area.
(Innoventions has been confirmed to be demolished and I agree on that)
Future World East (Energy, “Play” , Space, Motion)
We don’t know if Energy will stay or will change to fit GotG but I will say that it will stay and GotG Coaster will relate to the batteries they stole in Volume 2, there I said I am right it’s gonna happen (JK)
If WoL is changing to the untitled “Play” pavilion then it must be that way and I don’t really know what to do with it besides turn it to Wakanda if the stupid Comcast/Marvel deal did not exist, so I must “deal” with it.
Mission Space has never been a highlight and is kinda boring compared to Smugglers Run so Mission Space should now become more SR like to even it out and will feature a mission to Mars but with SR level realism.
Then I am struggling on if Test Track should upgrade to use the new Dueling Coaster style where a “car” sits on a motion pad that follows Coaster track to make it feel like a dark ride but it really is a coaster. It will still go outside and yes the new system can launch so boom faster then before speeds on Test Track, or I might just leave it alone because it is doing fine itself.
Center Plaza
Spaceship Earth redo to have more impressive animatronics and will add more Omnimover things like self turning and new cars. Surrounding the plaza *New* Horizons a successor to the original will be on a second floor and will surround the center plaza (will mention another way I could use this is in a upcoming page on how to fix DinoLand USA) Also thanks to Miru for reminding my about that.
World Showcase
Mexico Pavilion will get an overhaul to get a Coco boat ride to replace the Donald ride. Norway will return to its original form with an upgraded Malestrom and the other half will become Arendale and will get a Frozen sleigh coaster ride. Paris is getting Ratatouille. Hall of Presidents in US to get a lengthy refurb. China to get a new film and a River Rapids Dark ride fusion involving the Yangtze River using Chinese history and legends in the ride (thank you Sam for the idea). Japan to get a Baymax meet and great and a Samurai steel hanging coaster that secretly teaches about Japanese history with accuracy (thanks again Sam). UK to get a Marry Poppins carousel where the vehicles break out and go on a MP journey like what they did in a movie. It will be a highly advanced trackless dark ride that will be disguised as a Carousel. A Switzerland pavilion will be built and will bring the Matterhorn Bobsleds to the park with more capacity as it will have different ride vehicles that look like Bobsleds.
Also a recent insider quote has said that Imagineers have an idea for Wakanda to show up in the world showcase as Disney will trade with Universal and the bet is Black Panther and Aliens. Disney will trade the Theme Park rights of the Alien franchise which they now own from Fox to trade with Universal to get Black Panther at Epcot and I would like this, he says between China and Germany and it could be announced at D23
Transportation
A People Mover will be brought to the park with stations next to Spaceship Earth, Imagination pavilion, US pavilion and Motion. It will be more train like, not omnimover like and will also go inside some show buildings.

Last edited:

Sam Magic

China to get a new film and get a Steel Hanging Roller Coaster called the Samurai with high speed turns and telling the backstory of legendary Chinese Warriors of the same name that actually existed to secretly tell history.
Samurai aren't Chinese. They're Japanese. So you might wanna revisit this one...perhaps a river rapids/dark ride fusion attraction based around the Yangtze River with Chinese history and legends mixed in? Would be a more culturally appropriate and tasteful addition to the pavilion.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Samurai aren't Chinese. They're Japanese. So you might wanna revisit this one...perhaps a river rapids/dark ride fusion attraction based around the Yangtze River with Chinese history and legends mixed in? Would be a more culturally appropriate and tasteful addition to the pavilion.
Oh didn’t know
Thanks
Just put it in (yeah realized my mistake also thanks for the idea)

Sam Magic

Oh didn’t know
Thanks
All good. You've got some really great ideas here. I also really like the idea of bring the peoplemover into the park I also like some of your stuff for Future World!

You should definitely flesh some parts out more, I know the folks here would love to see more!

Great work. :)

Tank Man

Original Poster
No love for Sora as a meet and greet in Japan? No Horizons? Otherwise, this looks good.
Oh, forgot about Horizons
Before I wrote this down I saw stuff about Horizons,
Let me right that down
Also Sora could have a chance but sadly I have never played Kingdom Hearts and maybe a lot of park goers have ether but the game series is a bit iconic and if it were there it would make some fans happy and it won’t be smudging the face of normal people if it was just a meet and greet so it could work

Last edited:

QuasiNoFroyo

I already posted my proposal for an Epcot overhaul on a similar thread with many of the same ideas so I won't repeat them here.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I already posted my proposal for an Epcot overhaul on a similar thread with many of the same ideas so I won't repeat them here.
Oh, those must of been cool ideas
I am working in a 2.0 of mine which will be to much of an expensive idea as this one is not, next time I am going for a never gonna happen but super cool idea that I have mentioned in other threads.
I like to see how many people have similar ideas and I know think on starting with the destroy everything and start over with pictures and stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom