Epcot Must Do

Sunshineglow68

Original Poster
I've been looking at all the things to see and do at Epcot and was wondering from those who have been often, what are the "must do's" at Epcot? Don't want to waste my time on things that aren't worthwhile.

Thanks

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Mission Space, American Adventure & watch Voices of Liberty before or after, Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico, Impressions de France, Immagination (it still has Figment that is why), and dinner or lunch at the Biergarten.

Soarin, Test Track if it's open, Living with the Land, Maelstorm, and subject to opinion Ellen's Energy Adventure (I like Ellen she's funny to me and I enjoy the dinosaur part as well, reminds me of my 1st visit)

Weather_Lady

Test Track is down until who-knows-when (current estimate for reopening is 11/30/12, but that could change anytime). In its absence, my must-dos would be Soarin,' Mission:Space, Club Cool (just because it's fun to spend a few minutes taste-testing various versions of Coke), and browsing every pavilion in the World Showcase, including a stop to see the American Adventure and hear the Voices of America sing. Seeing as you'll be there during the Food and Wine Festival, be sure to budget extra time for stopping by the various food kiosks, and check the concert listing to see who's playing. (Also keep in mind that because of the Festival, ideal times to visit Epcot and avoid the crowds are on weekdays and/or before 4:00pm).

I also recommend stopping by the Biergarten for some delicious German food and the beer flight, but really, Epcot is chock-full of great and varied dining options. On a 6-day visit, my family will spend only 1 day covering the Epcot attractions -- but we'll go there three additional times just for meals!

Food and Wine Festival: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/
Run-downs and Ratings for all Epcot Attractions: http://touringplans.com/epcot/attractions

JIMINYCR

Sooo many things at EPCOT are must dos. Lets start with a ride on Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track. Club Cool testing all the flavors of Coke. Turtle Talk w/ Crush, Of course Soarin. Visit ALL the countries and get a feel of each, each has unique offerings. Wonderful performers will entertain you in several of the country courtyards.The Fountain of Nations with it's music and colors is fabulous, and also seek out the upside down waterfall. Illuminations at night is the best nighttime show. Some fantastic restaurants to eat at. Plenty of merchandise to look over and decide where your money will be spent. I know I'm missing other things because theres so much. It has over the years become my second favorite park behind MK

KCheatle

My absolute must dos: take the monorail to Epcot - not the bus, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Three Caballeros ride in Mexico, Beer in Germany, Wine in Italy, The American Adventure (both singing pre-show and watch show), watch Candy lady in Japan, eat dinner at either France or Canada.

Likes, but not must dos: Turtle Talk with Crush, Imaningation Ride (with Figment), Test Track, dinner in Italy, Norway ride, French movie, get a pastry at French Pastry shop (behind restaurant), taking the boat to the boardwalk and walking around for awhile.

Would not recommend: the higher end version of mission space - had a headache all day after I did that!! Wine tasting in France - going on 3 years of not so good wine, eating in Norway - definitely an "interesting" slection of foods.

tracyandalex

I agree with the rides others have posted, but my favorite thing to do that rarely have time to do (DD3 is all about rides and characters) is to see all the performers in the different countries, explore the shops, and watch the movies.

luv

SSE, MS, and Soarin are the most popular. TT was, too. We shall see how the new one is, but I expect it will be very popular, maybe even more than Soarin.

My favorites also include LWTL, Ellen, Maelstrom, the movies in China and France and Figment. But I'm the only person I know who really likes Figment.

lindasworld

We go every christmas, just my DH and me, our Must Do at Epcot is "illuminations Firework Show" it is worth the price of admission by itself. Get a good place to watch about 1hr before starting, hope you enjoy. The greygoose frozen drink at France Pavillion and the Gran Manier Slushy is pretty good to have also.

afar28

Living with the land, soarin, test track, seeing the countries in world showcase (my favorites are Canada, Mexico, and china.) the land is greatly decorated and also houses soarin. I recommend getting a fastpass to Soarin the second you get there.

HouCuseChickie

Do eating and drinking count as attractions? :D Seriously, those are some of my favorite things.

Beyond that...Soarin', Living with the Land, SSE, and Turtle Talk w/Crush. DD5 would also give a big thumbs up to Test Track if it's open and close to what it previously was. Illuminations is also cool and for whatever reason, I love the American Adventure.

Someone previously noted Mission to Mars, but I think they meant Mission Space. I can't comment on Mission Space, but just don't want you going looking for Mission to Mars since it's an old MK attraction (gone). I ride things like Universe of Energy, Nemo, and Imagination for the nostalgia factor even though none are like they were way back in the day (and sadly- not for the better :().

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom