Epcot Festivals in General

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
From the Orlando Sentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...log/os-bz-epcot-festivals-20171130-story.html

An interview with the general manager of the festivals reveals:

• Not likely to have a festival all the time, especially in the summer.
  • Will continue to try to make each festival unique with no (or minimal) overlaps
  • Smaller portions so that there is more to try.
  • Mostly Kosher replaced storyteller to reach more people.
  • Arts Festival was a 'no brainer.'

jakeman

smaller portions = smaller prices?? that is the question
ea3

Magic Feather

From the Orlando Sentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...log/os-bz-epcot-festivals-20171130-story.html

An interview with the general manager of the festivals reveals:

• Not likely to have a festival all the time, especially in the summer.
  • Will continue to try to make each festival unique with no (or minimal) overlaps
  • Smaller portions so that there is more to try.
  • Mostly Kosher replaced storyteller to reach more people.
  • Arts Festival was a 'no brainer.'
3 of those are lies. Or at least Alternative Facts...

FerretAfros

"You’ll only see things core to the festival that they’re in."

So high-priced sample-sized food is core to all these different things? Interesting, since Flower & Garden and Holidays Around the World did just fine for 2+ decades before introducing the food booths, so I wouldn't really say they're a core part of those events. I'll also say that food is a stretch for Arts, but that one is new so it's harder to argue.

Even if the menus change from one festival to another, there sure seems to be a lot of overlap in the format and general offerings. After a while, it really makes you wonder if this is a special event or just normal park operations. With festivals covering nearly 2/3 of the year, I tend to think it's the latter, and more should be done to give each event a distinct personality, especially considering how much they're needed to draw people into the neglected park.

SpaceMountain77

Three quick thoughts:

Honestly, it is incredible that Epcot has yet to be renamed Disney Festival Center.

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that a summer festival is not in the works?

Mostly Kosher had nothing to do with engaging more guests. Storytelling continues to be dropped in favor of musical offerings. Helga in Germany and Kwanza were also dropped this year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Three quick thoughts:

Honestly, it is incredible that Epcot has yet to be renamed Disney Festival Center.

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that a summer festival is not in the works?

Mostly Kosher had nothing to do with engaging more guests. Storytelling continues to be dropped in favor of musical offerings. Helga in Germany and Kwanza were also dropped this year.

Well, @MansionButler84 did mention there is an idea for a summer festival...

All of what that "general manager" said in the article was pure marketing speak. Likely sent the questions ahead of time and given the answers by PR/Marketing.

neoshinok

I did miss the Hanukkah storyteller but Mostly Kosher was really a fun group to watch. It was cold Wednesday night but they got us dancing and warmed up!

flyerjab

I know that this is not a popular opinion on the forums, but my family really enjoys the festivals. My wife and I are foodies so the ability to have this many alternating choices year round is pretty unique for a theme park. Culinary arts are defined by the various ethnic groups and make a specific country or region unique. This really draws us into World Showcase, still one of my favorite parts of WDW. Just being there is so enjoyable and relaxing. And the landscape and feel changes throughout the year which I don't view as a negative. The only other park that approached this for us this year was how significantly DHS has transformed for the holidays.

During the Festival of the Holidays this year, the food booths were our lunch the one day, and we wandered into a few of the country pavilions. We got to enjoy the music in Canada and the Day of the Dead displays in Mexico. Again, I really enjoy them, but that is just my opinion on the matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom