News Epcot Character Spot FastPass+ moved to Tier 1

SuperStretccch

Original Poster
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it seemed noteworthy to me. It looks like the meet & greet at Epcot Character Spot is now officially part of Tier 1 with IllumiNations, Frozen, Test Track and Soarin'.
Screenshot_2018-06-10-17-18-28.png

Now there are five attractions to choose from in Tier 1, and choices are becoming even more restricted. This probably also means we're going to see certain Tier 2 FPs disappear quicker. :rolleyes:

Discuss your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

V_L_Raptor

Unless they're trying to use the number of Tier 1 FP attractions as its own selling point... Or they're trying to diffuse access to Tier 1 by adding another bucket of FPs.

Somehow I get the impression that someone at TDO is trying to use this as a slightly more effective attendance inducement than giving away AP magnets, but it seems like a little more window dressing.

RSoxNo1

It's an interesting move, especially with the inventory of Tier 2 actually being worse than the inventory of Tier 1. I'd argue that Tier 2 could benefit from having the Character Spot more than Tier 1. While this example is anecdotal, availability exists for all attractions tomorrow (including Frozen Ever After) except Mission: SPACE.

When Ratatouille and Guardians open it presents a few different options. They could go the DAK route where those two are in a group by themselves and you can only chose 1 of those or 3 of anything else. Alternatively, when Ratatouille opens it could knock Soarin' to Tier 2.

ToTBellHop

It's an interesting move, especially with the inventory of Tier 2 actually being worse than the inventory of Tier 1. I'd argue that Tier 2 could benefit from having the Character Spot more than Tier 1. While this example is anecdotal, availability exists for all attractions tomorrow (including Frozen Ever After) except Mission: SPACE.

When Ratatouille and Guardians open it presents a few different options. They could go the DAK route where those two are in a group by themselves and you can only chose 1 of those or 3 of anything else. Alternatively, when Ratatouille opens it could knock Soarin' to Tier 2.
2 things—I imagine they want to increase access to a Tier 1 for people with young kids once FEA is gone and 2–this will likely ancrease the availability of Character Spot as a 4th Fastpass and lower its wait times.

I don’t really see a downside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom