EPCOT Center: A New Generation

Which is the better choice regarding the World of Motion?

• Bring back the original World of Motion ride

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Create a new ride combining World of Motion and Test Track

Votes: 36 87.8%

• Total voters

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Alright guys, I believe that this will be the last post for this thread...but yet, I had so much fun doing this thread, that I've decided that I will do similar threads for each of the WDW theme parks. So, with that said, be on the lookout for the first of these new threads--Magic Kingdom: A New Generation--coming soon.

Anyways, here's the major pieces of entertainment here at EPCOT Center...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entertainment
Picture, if you will...it's 9:00 a.m. The morning sun is up in the blue sky, offering its warm, welcoming glow to all who enter the park. Guests who enter will get their day started off right with an all-new welcoming show, entitled We've Just Begun to Dream.

For this show, I was inspired by MartinsVids, who created this walk-around video around Future World circa 1990.

I'm thinking about having the show begin with "We've Just Begun to Dream", as you can hear in the video. Shortly after, you'll hear a voice say:

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! All of us at EPCOT Center are glad to have you as our guests today! We welcome you and hope you find your day with us to be a most enjoyable one!

Walt Disney was a Dreamer and a Doer, a man who cared about the world, and its problems. He believed that people could develop solutions to problems if equipped with information, technology, and opportunity. EPCOT Center has been created to showcase prototype concepts and technologies that may someday serve people everywhere. This is the essence of EPCOT Center: a collective endeavor by people, for people, in the hope for a better world."

Then, we hear an amalgam of voices representing the pavilions of the park...

"Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future."

"Hello. I'm SMRT-1, and I would like to play a game with you."

"The universe we know is one of dynamic forces, it heartbeat send constant flow of energy coursing through the vastness."

(Wonders of Life quote heard in the video)

"If we can dream it, we really can do it. And that's the most exciting part."

"And still bolder and better ideas are yet to come. Ideas that will fulfill our age old dream to be free."

"Can they imagine, too?" "Of course! Imagination is something that belongs to all of us!”

"Welcome to a voyage of discovery and awareness of the richness, diversity, and often surprising nature of living with the land."

(Mission: SPACE quote)

"Try to imagine, for we welcome you now to take the first steps into that future..."

"...to all people regardless of their birth, the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them."

"Peace and Goodwill to All who gather here for this Earthly Celebration!"

After this medley of quotes, we hear the voice say...

"Once again, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, good morning. We're certainly glad you could all join us today here at EPCOT Center. And now, from all 14 countries of World Showcase, we'd like to wish you a very good morning!

From France and our French-Canadians, bonjour!

From Mexico, buenos dias!

From Brazil, bom dia!

From China, ni hao!

From Germany, guten morgen!

From Russia, Доброе утро!

From Morocco and Egypt, صباح الخير!

From Norway, god morgen!

From Italy, buon giorno!

From Japan, ohayō!

And from all of us to all of you, good morning!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is now time to officially open the park! Are you ready for a day of discovery? Wonderful! Then let's all count down together from 10. Here we go..."

This would lead into the countdown as heard in the video. With each number, a burst of confetti erupts from a certain point in the plaza.

When the countdown reaches 1 and the chorus starts singing, the voice once again speaks: "Welcome, one and all, to EPCOT Center! All of us here at Walt Disney World hope you enjoy your day here. For your safety, and for the safety of those around you, please walk slowly and carefully to your first destination. Have a great day, and remember...we've just begun to dream!"

From there, a reprise of "We've Just Begun to Dream" starts up.

I'm sure We've Just Begun to Dream will serve as a fitting way to welcome guests to the park. Now, as for daytime entertainment, I've already covered the various forms of entertainment found at the park throughout the day. But, what's a park without a parade? Ah, that's where Tapestry of Nations comes in.

Tapestry of Nations, created for the Millennium Celebration, is a celebration of the human spirit in the form of a processional. It is a story of unity told and led by the Sage of Time, a wise grandfatherly figure. He reminds us that years ago, humans lived in peace and harmony with one another and with the Earth. But as time passed, humans strove to rule the Earth and to rule over each other. Today, while there are still disputes and power struggles, humans are realizing that life is not about what country you can conquer and which people you can persecute. We are realizing that it is acceptable to be different. We are learning from each other improving our lives and our societies.

Each one of us is a single thread. As we realize we are all a part of one human family, we join together to celebrate our differences, our similarities, and our accomplishments hand in hand. Our threads weave themselves together forming a tapestry of one human family. We are many nations and we are many people, but within each one of us we all have the same threads of joy, kindness, compassion, and love which weave together to form our human spirit. Each of us and our ethnic, cultural differences are represented by the different groups of puppets. Within each group, each puppet is different.

Tapestry of Nations shows us how we can embrace each other and celebrate life together as the puppets dance together along with us, the human audience, which is invited to interact with the puppets to the heartbeat of drums.

The procession will be pretty much unchanged. The parade will make two runs throughout the day: one in the afternoon, and one in the evening, just before IllumiNations.

Now, serving as a pre-show to IllumiNations is an all-new projection show called Voices of Tomorrow.

This show is basically a musical illustration of the vision and purpose of EPCOT Center. The arrangement contains all the history of the concept from the City of Walt’s time to the Center of not-too-long ago and Park of today concluding with an orchestral finale symbolizing nothing less than the dreams of its future. Most of the show takes place on Spaceship Earth, as various clips are projected onto the grand sphere—Walt’s description of EPCOT, the park opening, and various other things.

Now, I've already said that projections will be projected on Spaceship Earth, but not only that, projections will appear all throughout Stargate Plaza--on the walkways, on the Innoventions buildings. Plus, when a certain quote from a pavilion is said, that pavilion will be lighted up.

In fact, here’s a video featuring the song, which I think will give you some inspiration for the show:

And finally, of course, we have the insanely epic IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. I really do enjoy IllumiNations and I feel as though it fits Epcot perfectly. The show is going to remain the same as it is, with minor technical work being done on things such as the fountains, barges and fireworks. I think that IllumiNations perfectly reflects the themes of Epcot, featuring great segments and a moving score which has almost become a staple soundtrack to the park.

At the show's conclusion, we hear this announcement: "All of us here at EPCOT Center hope you have enjoyed IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. On behalf of all of us here, we thank you for being here to share this celebration today. As you exit the park, please move slowly and carefully to wherever your path may lead. We wish you good night, and a safe journey back home. And on behalf of all of us here at Walt Disney World, we extend to you and yours happy, prosperous, and fulfilling days ahead as we celebrate the future...hand in hand. Thank you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, in conclusion of EPCOT Center, this park has been completely renovated, along with the Magic Kingdom. With the park's name reverting back to the original, a new entrance, complete renovations to Spaceship Earth and the Imagination Pavilion, the return of World of Motion, Wonders of Life, The Living Seas and Horizons, a re-located Mission: SPACE, two new pavilions for World Showcase, amongst several other additions made to almost all of the pavilions, I believe that EPCOT Center has become a much stronger park and has established itself as the way it was originally intended to be: a real-world experience where guests could learn about communication, the world, the wonders of nature, the sky and sea and to unlock imagination. While the park had originally suffered for being an "educational" park, yes, education is intertwined with this park, but now, additions like Soarin', Test Track, Mission: SPACE, Body Wars, Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, Raging Spirits, Mt. Fuji, the Great Pyramid of Anubis, amongst so many other things in the park help repel against the idea of the park just being educational. This is the perfect mix of educational and entertainment without having to commercialize the park into being too "dumbed down" or "cartoonish". I believe that this park is strong now and has so much more to offer, but still reflects on all of the eras of Epcot that we have come to know and love.

I really do hope you've enjoyed this trek through what I believe would be a perfect new take on EPCOT Center, and I certainly hope your future is as big, bright and beautiful as Walt Disney had predicted it.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, everybody. I recently was inspired by @spacemt354's Imagineering Vault thread, and I've decided to re-introduce three rejected pavilion ideas into World Showcase. So, expect to be on the lookout for new posts in the future, as well as some minor updates around the rest of the thread here and there.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

World Showcase
epcot-world-showcase.jpg
Continuing on from the central point of Future World, from Stargate Plaza, guests continue forward until they arrive at World Showcase. World Showcase is centered by the World Showcase Lagoon, which is surrounded by twelve different countries, representing the world. Not only that--but each country will serve as an "ambassador" for a different region of the world, so that way, every single country in the world will be represented here at EPCOT Center. As a host pavilion, each country should have a space that serves as an exhibit space for that region. Many pavilions already have a space like this that is repurposed while many need new spaces need to be constructed. These spaces are highly themed to fit in with the defined theme of the country and feature small exhibits or displays on each of the countries in that region. My goal is so that guests if they choose to can use World Showcase as a place to really learn about the world, not just a few large countries that really we already know about. This is again one of those moves that I’m making for myself, but I think it could be a successful one.

World Showcase can take guests from country to country in just a quick walk, where they can experience the sights, the food, the cultures, the experience of being able to explore the world, assisted by Cast Members who actually come from their country of origin. Just continuing north from Future World and arriving at Showcase Plaza, directly ahead is the World Showcase Lagoon. Located to the left and right of Showcase Plaza are landings for the Friendship Cruise boats. The Friendship Cruise boats are a quicker way to travel from country to country, while enjoying a leisurely boat cruise across the World Showcase Lagoon. The boat cruise takes you from the entrance of World Showcase, to Germany and to the United Kingdom. Another form of transportation are the
World Showcase Buses, a series of double-decker buses that take guests around the World Showcase. Ever wonder why the walkways in World Showcase are so wide? Well, that's because the buses used to travel along the walkways.
tt_ep_ws_bus.jpg
Right in the middle of the plaza is a viewing area for the nightly fireworks show, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. In front of the viewing area is a large area, displaying the flags of all 169 countries of the world. On both sides of the viewing plaza and flag gallery are two cubical, indoor gift shops--Port of Entry and Disney Traders, which hosts several country-related items, as well as EPCOT Center merchandise.

The Showcase Plaza is also a place where you can meet up with various Disney characters throughout the day. In fact, at certain points, one of the World Showcase Buses transports many different characters to the Showcase Plaza for a meet & greet session.

542880118_5d5403595d.jpg

542880096_51d8bed3e2.jpg
Continuing on to the left of World Showcase, exploring the countries in a clockwise motion, we proceed past a rose garden. From here, we continue on to the first country in World Showcase...

200px-Epcot_Mexico_logo.svg.png

Ambassador of Central America
2011-09-06-06.09.54.jpg

Rising around the bend, curbing the corner of World Showcase lagoon, guests can see a rising Aztec, multi-tiered temple, surrounded by dense forests. The temple rises high into the sky, dominating over the rest of the Mexico pavilion. Just across from the temple, the Cantina de San Angel Inn restaurant is located, serving excellent Mexican cuisine. The location features both an indoor sit-down restaurant, as well as a quick-service location. The restaurants feature a complete tequila bar and are located right alongside the waters of World Showcase, making it an excellent viewing location for the nighttime fireworks. Attached to the side of the restaurant is the El Ranchito del Norte, which specializes in Mexican knick-knacks and what not.

Often performing in front of the temple is the world-renowned Mariachi Cobre band.

The colored stone steps leading up to the temple reveal a small seating area, camouflaged in lush foliage. Entrances lead into the temple on both the left and right side of the temple, re-connecting back into the center of the temple, where posters and artifacts align the walls, showcasing the many different facts and activities of Mexico. Inside the center temple room, a cast member can be seen designing colorful ceramic animals. Right nearby, you'll find the Central American Exhibits. The exhibit features Mexico, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Trinidad and Tobago. The overall theme is of a Central American folk artists workshop. Colorfully painted woodcarvings fill the exhibit space.

Continuing into the next room, guests find themselves entering into a grand plaza, overlooking a nighttime courtyard of a Mexican fiesta. From the stone balcony overlooking the pavilion, guests see a streaming fountain just below, surrounded by bustling merchandise carts and stores, which is then preceded by a courtyard of tables adorned with flickering candles. Strings of lanterns are draped over the courtyard, as the sky is awash in blue lights. The farthest end of the courtyard reveals a small temple.

From the balcony, descending ramps to the left and the right lead down into the center, courtyard, Plaza de Los Amigos. The Plaza is filled with all sorts of merchandise, from over-sized sombreros, Mexican wines and liquors, ceramic and glass sculptures, blankets and decorations. To the right of the courtyard, another tequila bar is located, tucked away in one of the Mexican building facades. The La Familia Fashions store also features clothes specifically crafted from Mexico.

Just past the bustling carts and stores, guests will find the San Angel Inn, a restaurant which serves fantastic Mexican food by candle-light. The restaurant is located right on the waters outside of a Mexican temple, surrounded by lush foliage. The entire restaurant is quite romantic and simulates being outside, in a nighttime courtyard. To the left, of the restaurant is Gran Fiesta Tour starring The Three Caballeros, a slow boat ride down the rivers of Mexico, where the guests are taken on a tour of Mexico, experiencing glimpses of Mexican culture. But it's not all fun and games--Jose and Panchito are off searching Mexico for Donald so that they can get their concert started.

gran-fiesta.jpg

Continuing back outside the stone steps of the Mexican temple, outside of the pavilion, guests will comes across a stone wall with inscribed details. This is often where Donald, Jose and Panchito, otherwise known as The Three Caballeros, host meet & greets. A mariachi band also frequently performs in the area. Stretching beyond the wall, into the dense foliage of a Mexican jungle, guests come across the Aztec Botanical Gardens. The new addition is a beautiful garden, which has seemingly grown around the ruins of a dilapidated Aztec temple. The garden is filled with flowers and plants and is utilized as a relaxing, off-the-beaten path area.

The temple is actually utilized as an attraction facade for the Raging Spirits coaster, an intense coaster formerly located from Tokyo DisneySea, where it will also make its' home at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT Center. The attraction takes guests through a high-speed adventure through the ruins of an ancient temple, where ancient ceremonial practices had become commonplace. The attraction is quietly tucked away in the corner of the Mexico pavilion, built in tangent with the rest of the pre-existing building, making it quite a surprise to find.

4774670955_1393c76483_z.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Much like Future World, we'll break each pavilion up into its own separate posts. So, in the next post, we'll visit Norway. Stay tuned!

Why did you decide to bring back the Grand Fiesta Tour? I am aware that they invested new animatronics into it, but it doesn't do all that much to improve the matter of fact that people hate IP's in World Showcase.

Just curious.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Why did you decide to bring back the Grand Fiesta Tour? I am aware that they invested new animatronics into it, but it doesn't do all that much to improve the matter of fact that people hate IP's in World Showcase.

Just curious.

I think the answer to your question can be perfectly summed up in this quote from @sshindel, whose Epcot Manifesto thread served as my inspiration for this thread:

"The Three Caballeros and Saludos Amigos were travelogue films, designed specifically to spur interest in travel to Latin America. Since El Rio Del Tiempo was also a travelogue, I've never had any problem at all with Gran Fiesta. This coming from a guy who hates nearly everything that Disney has done in Epcot since it's inception. Three Caballeros is a family favorite film (Saludos Amigos movie poster also hangs on our wall), so this has always been nearly a must-do for me. That brings my Epcot must-do list to Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Gran Fiesta Tour."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located in-between Germany and Italy is the first of three all-new pavilions here at World Showcase.
russia.png

Russia.jpg

Russia, alongside fellow new pavilions Israel and Spain, has been on the drawing board for quite some time now, but for some reason or other, has never seen the light of day. Well now, EPCOT Center proudly welcomes Russia as the 13th member of the World Showcase family (technically 14th if you count World ShowPlace).
expanded world showcase.png

This is what my expanded World Showcase would look like. Forgive all those orange splotches--I don't have Photoshop, and made this all in Paint.
As you can see, Russia is located where the famous German train village is located currently.
russia place.png
This is why I pose these choices: maybe we could move it to the waterfront or build the pavilion behind it. As long as it stays, I'm happy.

Anyways, the Russian pavilion is surrounded by red brick walls, opening into a recreation of the Red Square in Moscow. At the entrance of the Russia pavilion, guests will find the St. Petersburg Gifts location on the left and the Pirozhki Bakery on the right. While the St. Petersburg gift store showcases Russian-based merchandise, the Pirozhki Bakery offers pies, turnovers, as well as many other pastries, as well as some hot entrees as well, such as soups and meat dishes. The quaint village is lined with streetlamps and ivy-crawled buildings.

However, the quaint village goes unnoticed by the grand, dominant Saint Basil's Cathedral, a structure unlike any other. The cathedral is made up almost to look like a castle, adorned in pink and green highlights, utilizing a staggered, layered design. The cathedral's towers lead to numerous colored, orbed turrets, depicting the grandeur and style of Russia. The cathedral spouts nine domed turrets and two spires. The cathedral is awash with vivid modern colors. The entire castle is quite different than anything in all of Walt Disney World and could very well steal the show from the other pavilions in World Showcase. Saint Basil's Cathedral utilizes forced perspective to make the cathedral appear to be taller than it actually is. However, the cathedral is still quite tall, looming over World Showcase Lagoon at approximately one hundred and twenty feet.
396146-a-view-of-the-st-basil-s-cathedral-russia-moscow.jpg
Inside of the cathedral is a completely different experience: Russia--The Bells of Change. This innovative theatrical experience was announced when plans were first unveiled. The show would have combined audio-animatronic characters, animated sets, film, and live actors to surround guests with the personalities, achievements, and volatile history of the country. I envision this being a show very similar to the American Adventure only with more live actors and dancers rather than solely audio-animatronics. I imagine the show as featuring music from some of Russia’s greatest composers such as Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, and Stravinsky. The show would also highlight dancing, which is a very important part of Russian culture. Among the dances showcased would be ballet as well as trepak, a traditional Russian dance best know for being in Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker.

Just as the American Adventure is hosted by two audio-animatronic figures in Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain, this show would likewise be hosted and narrated by a famous Russian: Leo Tolstoy, who is considered by many to be the greatest literary novelist of all-time.
MTE5NTU2MzI0OTQxMDA2MzQ3.jpg
The cathedral also features a wonderful restaurant, called Trinity, receiving its' name from the Cathedral's original name as "The Trinity Church". The restaurant consists of three large rooms in the upper portions of the cathedral, offering guests a birds eye view of the Russian pavilion below, as they enjoy their three course meal. The rooms are as beautifully decorated as ever. Trinity highlights he various flavors of Russian cuisine. Soups and stews play a very prominent role in Russian cuisine, so the restaurant features an all-you-can-eat soup bar. Because Russia is such a large country, its cuisine is influenced by people of many different ethnicities and different areas of the country specialize in different types of food. Therefore, the restaurant would also feature a buffet divided into different sections each highlighting a different Russian ethnic group or area of the country.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wasn't that nice? Stay tuned, because our tour will be continuing soon.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Guys, I've been thinking--and I sorta don't want to go ahead with Israel and Spain. I'm scared that if EPCOT ever includes Israel, it may lead to terrorism, and I want to have a feng-shui element to World Showcase, with seven pavilions on each side of The American Adventure. Having Spain nearby the International Gateway would throw the feng-shui off (I don't count International Gateway as an official pavilion, but rather as the "back entrance" to EPCOT).

So, what to do about that space I filled out for Israel? Well, since Australia will be pretty heavily represented in my Animal Kingdom plans, I thought I could return to the roots of having a South American country in EPCOT Center, thus leading to this potential idea. I give you...
brazil.png

brazil1.0-01.png

BTW, all credit here goes to the amazing @TRF.

Of all the continents (except Australia and Antarctica), South America has yet to be represented here at World Showcase. So in that sense, South America is finally represented here in World Showcase with a new pavilion centered around Brazil. The pavilion is modeled after the city of Ouro Preto. Now, as some of you may know, I already have plans for a South American area in Animal Kingdom, but that focuses more on the rainforests. So, if we want to represent Brazil here in EPCOT Center, we're gonna have to go a little more...urbane. So with that said, the pavilion here is modeled after the city of Ouro Preto.
ouro-preto-large.jpg
The narrow winding streets of the city feature historical Portuguese Colonial architecture, so it would be a unique look to World Showcase and the overall resort. Facing the pavilion, there is a small building housing a store to the right and the entrance to an exhibit on Brazilian culture to the left. The exhibit is themed as the University of the city.
There is also a lot of vegetation blocking our view further into the area. Once through the jungle, we find ourselves in the beginning of the street. To the left is the second entrance to the exhibit area and to the right are stores. At the end of the street, there is a courtyard with a large church like building at the head of the square, which is the entrance to the Brazilian Steakhouse. The entrance is into the church like building although most of the dining room is in a separate building. In the main dining room, there is an open kitchen area with the large grills.
Churascaria-Brazilian-Steakhouse-M-Grill.jpg
To the left is the entrance to the main attraction, a roller-coaster known as the Little King Mine Trek.

The queue begins in the mining museum of the city, and passes through areas of equipment storage and museum, making this are seem very much in use. As with most other coaster at Disney parks, we will eventually board a mine vehicle, similar to the ones that are actually used in mines there, although quite a bit more substantial.
21.jpg
The coaster seats 2 per row with 15 rows.

We load and then leave the indoor station. The coaster is entirely indoors, but as we leave the station and turn into the mine cave ahead, we can look out over a realistically projected vista over the Brazilian countryside. Once in the mine, we travel through the gold mining operation with running machinery all around. We see the gold piled in mine cars and in the cave walls around us. We go up the first lift hill and begin the mine coaster section, through rooms of glittering topaz and gold. After unloading, guests exit to a gift shop and then back into the square.

There is also a public second floor area above the queue area. The square would be a good place for a traditional Brazilian music group to perform.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There we go! And I think that concludes our tour of the new pavilions of World Showcase. Again, sorry about not being able to showcase Israel and Spain, but win some, lose some. Expect to see a new post in Animal Kingdom coming later today.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hey guys, it's me again. I just thought of something cool. Maybe 10-15 minutes before World Showcase opens, there could be a special flag-raising ceremony. In a special planter in Showcase Plaza, there could be 14 flagpoles, one for each country represented. One by one, each flag would be raised to the sound of the country's national anthem. I'd prefer to use the excellent orchestrations used by the London Symphony Orchestra for the 2012 Summer Olympics. Here's how the thing would go down...

We'd start off by having an announcer's voice be heard.

"Hello, everybody, and welcome to EPCOT Center. In essence, EPCOT Center is a celebration of what it means to be a part of this world, with Future World celebrating our technological and scientific breakthroughs, and World Showcase celebrating our world's rich diversity. As such, we've decided to begin today's World Showcase experience by honoring all fourteen countries that surround the World Showcase Lagoon. We invite you all to come to Showcase Plaza for a special ceremony. Over the course of the next 10-15 minutes, the flags of the 14 countries will be raised as their anthems are played.

Ladies and gentlemen, the raising of the flag of (insert country here)."

The final sentence would be repeated for each flag to be raised. Of course, we'd start with Mexico's flag, then Norway's flag, then China's flag and so on and so forth. And, just because, here are all 14 anthems as played by the London Symphony Orchestra.

After Canada's flag is raised, the announcer's voice is heard again.

"Thank you all for joining us today to share in this moment. And now, we officially open World Showcase. Please gather your party together and walk--not run--to your first destination. Again, thank you for joining us today, and we certainly hope your enjoy your day of discovery here at EPCOT Center."

What do you think?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, friends, I am back with another update.

I was recently perusing through the Sole Imagineer thread, and from what I can gather from the most recent challenge, I found some ideas for the park that I thought were pretty good. So, with all that said, I've decided to take two of them--namely, Team Blairozah's excellent Inside Out show and Team Lassetoki's Innoventions refurbishment--and place them into this thread. Trust me, friends--these ideas are amazing!

Updated Innoventions: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/epcot-center-a-new-generation.902639/#post-6830373

Updated Wonders of Life:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/epcot-center-a-new-generation.902639/#post-6832551

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I've updated The Land and The Living Seas a bit. I turned the former Circle of Life theater into an interactive exhibit space and returned Kitchen Kabaret to its old theater. But, since I liked the Wonders of Weather show concept too much, I've decided to move it to The Living Seas (since the oceans play a part in the formation of storms) under the new name StormCenter.

KingOfEpicocity

I've updated The Land and The Living Seas a bit. I turned the former Circle of Life theater into an interactive exhibit space and returned Kitchen Kabaret to its old theater. But, since I liked the Wonders of Weather show concept too much, I've decided to move it to The Living Seas (since the oceans play a part in the formation of storms) under the new name StormCenter.

funny enough, i did my own set of plans for a weather pavilion

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Back with another update. This time, I've gone back and updated The Land. See, I recently watched @marni1971's excellent tribute video to the pavilion as it looked (and still looks today) during its 2005 refurbishment. In that video, he showcased how the Soarin' queue would fit through the former Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks space. Among the changes was the fact that the queue went straight through the seating area for the theater. With that knowledge in mind, I don't think it would be feasible to move Kitchen Kabaret back into its old home.

So, what I've done is I've moved Kitchen Kabaret back up to the Harvest Theater and fixed up a few things here and there.

The Rocketeer

Sorry to bump a dead thread, I accidentally stumbled upon this looking for EPCOT concept art on the site. So now that I've spent an hour of my life reading all of it I just wanted to put my two cents in. I love your ideas, especially Spaceship Earth. Some of your ideas are kind of coming to fruition, like the landscaping on top of buildings, IF Covid-19 hasn't killed all momentum on the current overhaul. I like the idea of returning Journey Into Imagination, but I wouldn't bring back the original color scheme, same idea but brighter colors. I love the idea of bringing a new version of "Listen to the Land" in and your Universe of Energy idea is perfect, but we now have Guardians in the works, fortunately or unfortunately. Living Seas is exactly what I'd want. I would just keep Test Track relatively the same instead of your idea, though I think its great!I would bring back the original Soarin' and now Awesome Planet is here... and imo, its great. So I wouldn't bring back Kitchen Kabaret. Love the Wonders of Life idea. Given we don't know what the Play Pavilion is still going to be I would love to see a renewal for the original mission of the pavilion. I wouldn't want the ambassador thing, but everything else in World Showcase works great. Thanks for entertaining me for the night. I bet you never thought someone would be reading this nearly half a decade later during a global pandemic 😂

Figment2.0

Not to be rude but as a 6 year old kid nothing resonated with me from world of motion except the spiral test track 2.0 is great and a blast leave that one alone now Imagination is another story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom