Epcot - A satelite view!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
I'm new to these forums, so I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's so cool that it probably doesn't matter :)

Anyway I found a NASA site, where they have all these satelite views of different places, pictures taken from different distances and a animation, where it zooms from a globe view to a close view of the chosen location... and guess what, they have one of Epcot!

See it here: http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a002100/a002111/index.html

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wow, that was really kewl!!!

i wish you could do that on every park. noticed how dated the video was when i saw horizons. so sad, so sad.

thanks

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
The saddest part is that I have never actually tried Horizons as far as I recall...

I've been to WDW four times throughout my life; in 1989, 1992 (or 93), 1997 (or 98) and 2002...
In 1989 I might have tried it, but have been to little to remember... and in 1992, I don't recall trying it either... and I definitly didn't try it in 97 or 02...

So that's really, really sad...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
NeXuS1000 said:
The saddest part is that I have never actually tried Horizons as far as I recall...

I've been to WDW four times throughout my life; in 1989, 1992 (or 93), 1997 (or 98) and 2002...
In 1989 I might have tried it, but have been to little to remember... and in 1992, I don't recall trying it either... and I definitly didn't try it in 97 or 02...

So that's really, really sad...

well, i can definately confirm that you didnt ride it in 02 because it wasnt there anymore. i was unaware (hadnt found wdw yet) that it was get demolished, so i stroll in to EPCOT in 00, and the wall was up and half the building was gone. this was my look....... :eek: !!!!! (had to use the new face. i had to sit down and explain to my wife (first timer) what it was and what she missed.

Lynx04

In one of the other threads someone asked if disney have enough room. Looking at the animation you can see alot of green in between the parks and resorts. But, it can be deceiving because not all the land that disney has can be developed for parks or resorts. It makes you wonder what parts can be developed and what parts can't.

peter11435

Lynx04 said:
In one of the other threads someone asked if disney have enough room. Looking at the animation you can see alot of green in between the parks and resorts. But, it can be deceiving because not all the land that disney has can be developed for parks or resorts. It makes you wonder what parts can be developed and what parts can't.
It can all be developed. While some areas would be very difficult and expensive to develope due to soil conditions, it can still be done. If they need to they can use just about every bit off land they own with the exception of the Disney Wilderness Preserve and that is a few miles south of the rest of the property.

RedBaron

jmaxwell007 said:
well, i can definately confirm that you didnt ride it in 02 because it wasnt there anymore. i was unaware (hadnt found wdw yet) that it was get demolished, so i stroll in to EPCOT in 00, and the wall was up and half the building was gone. this was my look....... :eek: !!!!! (had to use the new face. i had to sit down and explain to my wife (first timer) what it was and what she missed.
I had recommended this ride to a friend on her first trip to the world, and when she got back and told me it was gone I did not believe her. So I did a web search and (found this forum for the first time :) ) found out that it was demolished. :cry: I nearly cried. I am so glad that I have the whole ride on video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom