epcot 71 needs epcot info

epcot71

Original Poster
ok fellow disney freaks i have a question and i hope someone has the answer

is the big mickey hand ever coming down off spaceship earth?????
i know the geosphere had decorations for millenium and hand is now here with wand-
am i the only one who likes it just plain just the "big ball"???

im just curious if anyone has any solid info if the hand is coming down and when-
its not that i dont hate the hand but just think it looks better with out it.
also any good juicy gossip on any thing new and exciting there in epcot????

IM ALL EARS!!!

Big Thunder

I think the wand looks teriffic, but they need to do a little painting because its fading fast. Right now its pernament, but that could change any time.

WDW-Imagineer

Well, since the tower is a pretty soundly constructed structure... I'm sure its gonna be around for quite a while. Also, since it now says "Epcot" on it, it shows that Disney had plans for it after the 2000 celebration. I don't mind the wand that much, so if it stays around, which I am almost positive it will, it won't bother me.

Scooter

Sorry to report this but a cast member told me that the EPCOT sign on Spaceship Earth is Permanent.

I really hated it at first but I've gotten used to it now. Actually I think it looks beautiful at night.

I have video tape of it without anything on it...before the 2000 sign and the EPCOT sign and it looks kinda naked. See how Disney has brainwashed me.

As long as the don't mess with the ride inside of it I'll be happy.:p :dazzle:

Monorail Lime

The Wand structure was designed to last 15 years, and I doubt they would take it down before that. In a decade they'll have to decide if it is an icon worth keeping (which means lifespan extending refurbishment) or if its time is over (also a lot of work to get it down). I've always adored the simple elegance of Spaceship Earth and like it better wandless, but I also think it will help increase awareness of and interest in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom