EPCOT 25th Kickback

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
Since Epcot is turning 25 very soon (just shy of 9 months after I do), I thought it might be fun to design a way of remembering the past while adding new concepts. So, here's the idea. Create an update/reference/etc. for every original pavilion in FW. This can be tied in with the current resident in the location or somewhere else. Up to you! Just a way to create and remember at the same time, I guess. This would clearly be too much to do, especially since no announcement has been made yet. However, just fun to dream! Note if you think an old pavilion is referenced well enough, feel free to say so.

Here's mine-

Generally I would add in the original entry loop with the current songs to create a longer loop that blends both.

SSE- Bring down the WAND! (but I digress). I would combine the concept of Communicore into SSE. The tip board will be brought in here and allow automated advanced reservations and park information with touch screens similar to Earth Station. It also will feature available commmunication technology that is used around WDW and can be rented/used by guests. I also would import Tomorrow's Child into a new evening performance of the FoN that features new light technology. Finally, I would build a statute of tomorrow's child to stand where the lucite emblem was with a star in its hand (gender neutral, modern statue). The plaque underneat would say something along the lines of: "TOMORROW'S CHILD: The spirit of discovery and achievement that lives inside each of us, charting a brand new way. Reaching for hope and desire, the dreams of every tomorrow's child is celebrated here, for the future world is born today." At night, the star and pedestal (lucite) would rotate colors.

UoE- I actually think UoE does a good job harkening back to its original format. However, I would suggest that the radio tower get replaced (or moreso enhanced) with a digital version of the rotating cubes design that features funny versions of the events discussed on the broadcast. I also think the Energy theme song should be imported behind that scene.

Horizons- This is a major change. I would suggest Innoventions be combined into a single two-story building in Innoventions East. Innoventions West will be expanded back toward the Living Seas and include New Horizons, a new version that is updated regularly with showcases of modern technology in the major areas of the park represented instead of necessarily a look into the future when it comes to the post-Omni sphere scene. This will NOT be a part of the 25th. Instead, it will be announced at the end of the celebration as coming soon (and take a while to develop and build).

WoM- I would replace DreamChasers with Fun to be Free. This will still be the obligatory commercial of sorts, but it will be a digital presentation of the storyline of WoM with references to GM along the way (similar to what Exxon did in the end film of EEA). This will feature the theme song again.

JII- This will be the biggest change at the outset. The garden with the jumping fountains will be enclosed and become the Garden of the Mind. It will basically be expanded with kinetic statutes and a glass celing. The interior will be opened up again with the reception area at the center with an AA, interactive Dreamfinder behind the desk directing guests to various locations. With the newly enclosed area, a larger ramp will be build to give access to the second level. The front half of the Image Works will be reopened (with new attractions) creating 5 zones. Touch will have several of WoL's experiments with hot and cold, the pin cushions, etc. Taste will be a Funfectionary. The main process here will be creating flavored popcorns in many different combinations. Smell will be a large interactive "knock and sniff" area. You pull out small doors on a large mural and a smell is there. There will be two murals: one that is matched correctly; one that is not. There also will be the Nose Knows photo booths where you can digitally try on different noses. Hearing will be the stepping tones and the classic orchestra. Sight will be the sensor maze (which will be expanded to loop back around so it stays in one room), Dream Studios (green screen action), and the mirror zone which will be like funhouse mirrors plus.

Land-Again, I think the land has done a good job overall of maintaining its character. I would, however, replace the film in Soarin' with one about natural wonders. The pre-show would deal with environmental facts about how those areas form and interact. Kitchen Kabaret will make a large showing during the Food and Wine Festival. Circle of Life will close (and Timon and Pumbaa will be replaced by our favorites), and they will take their classic show on film with some new discussions and new tunes (although mostly old ones). Circle of Life will make a reprise after the Holiday Season.

Seas- I think Sea Cabs reopening will work well for this (so good job WDI).

Communicore- See SSE

Oddyssey will be reoped as Nations. An international restaurant that will have a live stage kitchen where performances by chefs go on. If it works, the show will be recorded and broadcast on television.

Wow!!!
YOu have alot of ideas, Most of which seem very expensive. I think many are doable but I'm slightly confused about your Horizons Ideas. and I think your Idea for Imagination is great, but wouldn't it be better to leave that area as is as to not disturb the current building and instead place it in the top parts of the pyramids.

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
Thanks. These would absolutely be pricey (except perhaps WoM), so was just a blue sky concept without being realistic. Let me clarify a bit:

1. Horizons would be a new, two-story attraction that takes up the entire footprint of the current Innoventions West and some of the space between Innoventions and the Living Seas (back wall will be themed to look like a seaside cliff where TLS will come out from). It would be an omnimover, featuring the same general start of looking at the past's view of history then feature showcases of major areas of innovation (medicine, conservation, transportation, etc.) instead of zones of living. These will be divided so that minor updates will be possible as technology changes. The ending parts would take you over a set of flats of blue prints for EPCOT. You pass through a wall and come out over an operating, 3-D model. Final scene would be through a series of screens showing major areas of technology and innovation (VERY easy to update and change) with a version of "If We can Dream It"). You start the ride going past two silhoetted children AAs by a sunrise (and you will see the sun periodically throughout the ride and baseline story that it is one day), and you dip below the sunset in the 3D model (before the screens).

That would be coming soon since this is a major project that would take several years in full development.

2. IMAG= I didn't mean do much to the current building. Basically, I meant treating the outdoor garden as a split-level of sorts. The access to the upper floor is difficult and has legal issues for evacuation currently. By creating a large ramp that goes to the garden level and then up, this should help this issue a bit with the upper level, especially if only half of it is used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom