entering the parks

Mickeyman819

Original Poster
I think I read this on some website. It might have been in another post in a different section. When you enter a park always go to the right. Ther is a natrual instinc to go left when they enter large areas like theme parks. For instance. ...... when you enter MK, go down mainstreet and then go to tommorow land. Most people would go to Adventureland. I find this to be true. i dont think ive ever gone to tommorowland first . we usually go through adventureland first.

GenerationX

Interesting point, Mickeyman819. When we stayed at the Beach Club last year and went to Epcot, we travelled counter-clockwise around World Showcase from the International Gateway. Now that I think about it, I do recall the walk having sort of a fish swimming upstream feel to it.

kevlightyear

We always hit Tomorrowland first. . . .

And actually, now that I think about it, I would think it's the other way around, too. I mean, what side of the road do you drive on (here in the states)? Whenever there are escalators they work the same way--going on the right, coming on the left. But hey, you never know, you might be right. . .or is it left. . . .now I'm confused. :lol:

wow, that was bad

RobVanDam

Yea It's natural instinct for us here in the states to go to the right since the right is right..:hammer: Right is the In and Left is the Out, I know we always do world showcase clockwise, and hit mexico last... But then again, for future world, Its the middle then then left then the right and go clockwise around WS..

Maria

....and... in any case, by Murphy´s Law, the side you decide to take will be the crowdest and slowest then! :hammer: :animwink:

Shannon_Yensid

im confused.....:veryconfu i thought people usually go right because most are right handed and here we drive on the right side of the road....and at epcot most people go right to canada and travel counterclockwise...

but maria, murphys law is the best solution to this confusion!:)

pjammer

:confused:

I would have to say the natural is to go left also. You want to go clockwise. The only exception is MGM where the major attractions are on the right when you enter. But Epoct WS most go left to Mexico. I always seem to go left at MK towards Adventureland.
Animal Kingdom...Safari is on the left. Future World...Test Track and Space on the left. Actually even at MGM I go left...then wonder why when I realize nothing is on the left??

aim

:confused: What a confusing thread! :p My family doesn't really have a certain way to go. Except at Epcot. We always go to the left first (hit Mexico first). Mostly because my mom is left handed and when we were younger she would guide the way. And it has stuck on all of us ever since. For us (who have been going to WDW for 19 years and a few years it's been 3 times a year) it feels unnatural to start by going to the right (towards Canada). haha. But I say that most of the time, the shortest/less crowded is usually on the left. Mostly because most people are right handed and in USA, we drive on the right. So it's natural for us.

I never really thought about this but now that I do, I realized I always go right in mk and epcot. I cannot remember a time where we did adventureland first.

LoriMistress

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
I think I read this on some website. It might have been in another post in a different section. When you enter a park always go to the right. Ther is a natrual instinc to go left when they enter large areas like theme parks. For instance. ...... when you enter MK, go down mainstreet and then go to tommorow land. Most people would go to Adventureland. I find this to be true. i dont think ive ever gone to tommorowland first . we usually go through adventureland first.

From what I heard it's the other way around. Most people go to the right, so just go to the left.

JBSLJames

I'm pretty sure the books say to go to the left. It is a natural tendancy, for those of us in the states, to turn right (right handed, right lane, right hand turns on red). I think that goes more for the first time guest. If you know where you want to go first, that is the way you will go (the closest bathroom):veryconfu

MagicalMonorail

Well at Magic Kingdom it has to do with popularity. I read it in a guide book somewhere. For people who like Splash Mountain, they go on a Race to Space. Those are the people who run to Adventureland first. The other group is for people who like Space Mountain. That's called the Race for Space. That's the group that heads to Tomorrowland. I'm not sure about the other parks.

Tom

Beta Return
Re: Re: entering the parks

In my psychology class in college we actually covered the Right vs. Left and theme parks was one of the examples. In the US, it is human nature to go to the right first.

I also read this in the Disney Guidebooks - they say to start with Mexico when touring the World Shocase in EPCOT. We've done so every time, and it always seems to be less crowded, until, of course, we reach American Adventure, LOL.

I don't think it applies in the MK, except for maybe first-timers. Everyone has their favorite attractions, usually one of the mountains, and they head that way first no matter what!

Goingcrazy2

I think the best way to judge is if you see a group of people together, and wearing the same type of clothing, and following a person with a flag. RUN the other way!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Re: Re: Re: entering the parks

Originally posted by edwardtc
In my psychology class in college we actually covered the Right vs. Left and theme parks was one of the examples. In the US, it is human nature to go to the right first.

yes i was going to post something about psychology
Next time you walk into a department store (the cosmetic entrance!) take a look at what is to your right. ALWAYS CLINIQUE! When Este Lauder started this company they did research to see where people tended to go when they first entered department stores. They then knew that they wanted all of their stuff on the right hand side of the cosmetic section.
Thats a true story though i cant remember where i heard it LOL
anyways...try it out next time you go shopping.

BwanaBob

Part of the Keys to the Kingdom tour!...

Main Street was intentionally laid out this way...

Think of the shops on Main Street.
As you enter...need film for the day? Forget to get breakfast?
As you leave, which side of Main has ALL the impulse buys?

Marketing, baby!!

(start in Adventureland, then go clock-wise)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom