End of Summer Season in August

all41

Original Poster
Considering a mid to late August Disney World trip. I'd like to go when the summer "season" is winding down. When do the summer crowds start to thin out in August?

Magickdndm

If your 2 choices are mid or late August, I'd definitley do later as kids are back in school by then, mostly, and Mission Space is scheduled to open Aug. 15th.

TiggerBite

We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge 8/19 to 8/29. We decided that the end of August would be our best bet since pulling our daughter out of school is not an option.

I can't wait - - only 70 more days!
:sohappy:

joyloving3

TiggerBite!!

I will be at the Wilderness Lodge Aug. 21-29!!

I went around the same time last year and it was great -- most "seasonal" things were open but it was less crowded than I have seen earlier in the summer.

Jessica

LivefortheMouse

i am going to disney aug 15-19 and staing at the wilderness lodge resort. last year i was in disney during aug19 -23 and there werent to many lines the longest line was like 45 min.

Badger Brent

According to another thread, Aug 18th was listed as the start of the end of summer season. Again, I got this off another thread on this board. Hope this helps!!

figmentmom

I've always gone the third full week in August, when the Florida kids are back in school, and the lines are short. Unfortunately, I can't go in August this year, so I will be there in July. I already know the lines will be long, but it's better than waiting until 2004 to go!:lol:

ToTBellHop

well, it's a trade off...before August 18th, the lines are longer, but so are the hours, and after the 18th, the hours drop substantially pretty quickly--meanwhile, it's muggy and 93º pretty much every day of the month haha. And, as for SPACE...it's already open, so pretty much regardless of when you go in August, it'll be open at some point during your trip.

all41

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great responses!
I've decided to go and we'll be going the from Aug 9 to Aug 17
As much as I'd like to go the week after, I can't make my kindergardener miss his first day of school (can I?) No says my wife!
We enjoyed a recent May trip with very short lines and small crowds but shorter hours.
I'll take my chances with longer hours at the tail end of the summer! I've always almost only gone in "off season" times so this will be an "adventure"

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by all41
Thanks for all the great responses!
I've decided to go and we'll be going the from Aug 9 to Aug 17
As much as I'd like to go the week after, I can't make my kindergardener miss his first day of school (can I?) No says my wife!
We enjoyed a recent May trip with very short lines and small crowds but shorter hours.
I'll take my chances with longer hours at the tail end of the summer! I've always almost only gone in "off season" times so this will be an "adventure"

I think you will enjoy going this time of year. This August will be my second August trip, and you will enjoy great hours, E-Ride Nights, Mission: SPACE, and hot weather:) Enjoy your adventure!

all41

Original Poster
Thanks Kyle.
I am looking forward to it.
I did my first E ride night this May and loved it. I'll get 2 E ride nights this time. Plus the ability to hit one of the first M:S days will be cool.
Its a GO!

p.s.: St. Louis is darn hot and humid in August so I can take it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom