End of May? Yeh or Nay...

Kristamouse

We are leavening KY on May 23 for Naples FL. The kids and I have gotten DH to agree to a one day Magic Kingdom trip, they are desprate to see the new FL. We are working out details and my MIL will pay for the kids tickets as an Easter gift, yeah! So here is my question, how insane will MK be the Friday before Memorial Day? We have been blessed to have gone in slowish periods and I am not sure hoe all four kids would do waiting. Oh and I will be 24 weeks pregnant...really want to go do not want to fight crowds with 4 kids under 8.
Any imput would be helpful:)

WDW_Emily

I will be in the MK on that same day! got dinner ADRS at Be Our Guest!

Anyways Last time I looked I believe the MK is the suggested park of the day and the whole day as a rating of a 7. It will be less busy than saturday-monday thats for sure!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Just be prepared to not see everything and stick to the shorter line things. You will still have a magical time. Also get there early and you can get on a lot of those popular rides before the crowds.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Leavening Kentucky? It's about time somebody started it fermenting so it could rise properly. ;)

On a serious note, touring plans for Fri., 5/24 lists the Magic Kingdom as a 4.4 out of 10 for crowds, with the park open until 11pm. (It projects that the crowds won't get crazy until Sunday and Monday). If you arrive at rope drop and get to the headliner attractions first (or fastpass them), you shouldn't have any trouble.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Thank you! Leavening...lol got to love autocorrect on the iPad:)
One more question, would the end of the week be better? Like the 30th or 31st? We are flexible on our dates.
I think we are going to chance it, my kids get up at 6:00 anyway and will be in the car chilling the day before so rope drop won't be a problem. More worried about me keeping up than the kids, never been to Wdw pregnant, just lots of times with babies...

Upvote 0

Kirk88

We were there in late May/early June 2011 and it was perfect at Magic Kingdom! Our kids were 7, 3, & 2 at the time. DHS during Star Wars Weekends was a different story......LOL

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
It's manageable. Just do some expectation management with the kiddos on how much time you have and what you can realistically accomplish with the crowds and your maternal glow. With one day and moderate crowds you may have to perfom triage of sorts and determine priorities. Lastly, have a great time!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I think you should be ok! It might be a little crowded, but I don't think it will be anywhere near summer crowded as most school are still in session. I was worried when we went to Disney over Labor day weekend in 2011, everyone was saying how crowded the weekend would be and in all honestly, I worried for nothing! Yes we saw a little increase in crowds, but was still very managable!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We were there several years ago over the Memorial Day weekend and Friday was not real crowded, but Saturday through Monday was much more crowded. It became more manageable again on Tuesday after the 3 day weekend, but kept building toward the next weekend. A one day trip can be fun, we did one several years ago, with a drive down on a Friday evening, Saturday at AK and MK, then back home on Sunday. It was our first fall weekend in years when we didn't have a ballgame for one of the kids.

Upvote 0

ahhsmurf

I will be in the MK on that same day! got dinner ADRS at Be Our Guest!
2a3.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom