End of March

draybook

So we had to cancel our 2 week trip for last September due to my daughter's cheerleading. They wouldn't let her miss the practices while we'd be gone. So, since we're going to Nationals in March, we figured that we'd just do one week after Nationals and then go back in September for our usual 2 weeks during our anniversary.

I believe that Nationals are March 18th, 19th and 20th, so we'd be at WDW from the 21st until the 25th. I am assuming that this is right in the middle of Spring Break. What kind of times are we looking at?

We hate crowds but we figure 1) two trips in the year makes up for missing last year and 2) we're already going to be there, so why not stay for a week.

Thanks for any input.

fosse76

Hmmm. When I went in March 2009, crowds weren't too bad (I got off-season rack rates). It was tolerable (but I travel by myself, so even when it's crowded I can manage). Didn't go last year during that time though. According to Toruing Plans, the parks will be at an 8/10. Crowd levels drop on the 29th.

Upvote 0

timeman

This year it will be a little harder to tell how busy it will be during that time. It will probably be busier than September, but not as busy as the last couple of years during that time. The busiest times during the Spring are the week before & after Easter, which this year isn't until the end of April. If you use fastpasses to your advantage you shouldn't have much of a problem with lines.

If you don't already have Annual Passes I would recommend that you get them since you are planning on making two trips this year as it would be cheaper for you than buying park passes for each trip.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
This year it will be a little harder to tell how busy it will be during that time. It will probably be busier than September, but not as busy as the last couple of years during that time. The busiest times during the Spring are the week before & after Easter, which this year isn't until the end of April. If you use fastpasses to your advantage you shouldn't have much of a problem with lines.

If you don't already have Annual Passes I would recommend that you get them since you are planning on making two trips this year as it would be cheaper for you than buying park passes for each trip.

Can you use the AP's in conjunction with a package? Because we plan on staying on site in September but not in March because of the pricing during March. Thanks.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Can you use the AP's in conjunction with a package? Because we plan on staying on site in September but not in March because of the pricing during March. Thanks.

Not really. If you purchase a package, you have to buy tickets. That's why it is called a package. You could probably get a room-only rate for Septmeber. If for some bizarre reason you can only get a package deal for September, most people buy a 1-day ticket that they save and apply to admission at a later date.

Upvote 0

timeman

Like Fosse76 said, when you purchase a package you have to purchase park tickets also. The one thing about this is that people who have an Annual Pass that want to book a package have to buy at least a one day Park Ticket to get the package. The Park Ticket that you buy as part of the package can than be used any time in the future, or can be applied to the cost of the Annual Pass renewal when it is time to renew your Annual Pass. The other thing is that you could always give the Park ticket to somebody as a gift since it will not have been used and if they need more days added to the ticket when they go they can always be added within 14 days of first using the ticket.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, I don't mind buying a little one day ticket and giving it away so I can get the package. No, if I buy an AP, it's just for WDW correct? I'm only asking because next year we're going to SoCal so unless it's good for DL too, we won't need to renew. Thanks.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Yeah, I don't mind buying a little one day ticket and giving it away so I can get the package. No, if I buy an AP, it's just for WDW correct? I'm only asking because next year we're going to SoCal so unless it's good for DL too, we won't need to renew. Thanks.

There is a Premiere Passport (I think that's what it is called) which actually includes the Disneyland Resort. I assume they still sell it. However, it is only available for purchase at the parks.

Upvote 0

daria4282

It shouldn't be too bad. There might be college kids on spring break but most of the families go in April. Easter is late this year so a lot of springs breaks don't start till mid April!

We have gone in March before and it was actually a really nice time to go!

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
I hope so. We were definitely spoiled by our first trip back in Sep 08, when waits were like 5 minutes for most rides and maybe 30 for PP and Space. The only thing I hated was the heat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom