End of August Crowds?

mbtohill

After years of going in early May and enjoying light crowds and beautiful weather we are going to have to switch our travel dates to the end of August because my oldest DD is starting High School and the district docks her grade 2 points for every unexcused absence.

We are trying to avoid "vacation weeks" so Spring Break and Christmas week are out. My thought was go sometime near the end of August just before we start school here in CT, when most southern schools are back in session.

Would love to hear from those of you who have gone during this time to get a feel for crowds.

Thanks in advance.

afar28

I go in late August every year (I'm here right now actually) and the crowds are pretty light. It's probably the best time to go if you can't go during the school year.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We went in late August once, and I thought the crowds were small & very easy to deal with. It was extremely humid - definitely my hottest trip to Disney. But I like the heat and I will take that any day if it means low crowds. :)

Upvote 0

luv

It's still crowded. It's not as crowded, but I don't consider it "light" crowds. The days of the parks being totally uncrowded now are few and far between...and mostly in the winter. Late August is better, but don't plan on an uncrowded park.

It is hot. It's very, very humid. And there is a good chance there will be some rain each day, starting between three and seven p.m. Today, it started about forty minutes ago. It's down to a drizzle now, but I hear the thunder and see the gloominess in the distance, so I think there will be more.

When I look out the front windows of my house, I see sun, blue sky and white fluffy clouds. When I look out the back windows, it is all dark and stormy looking. :) Florida weather is so weird.

Usually, mornings are best to avoid the rain. :) I had one of the best trips of my life over eight days that had three total washouts - all-day rain. EVERY afternoon and evening brought heavy rain. And we (seriously) had one of the best times we've ever had. :)

Upvote 0

mbtohill

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help.

Sounds like late August is a pretty good option. We are OK with the heat and even in May you get the afternoon rains.

Upvote 0

Marc Gil

Late August is a great time to go. It's good that you don't mind heat and humidity, because it's gonna be HOT! The crowds shouldn't be anywhere near as bad a spring break or summer vacation crowds. It may get a little crowded Labor Day weekend though (when I'm going)....
Anyway, I hope you have a great time! Have fun and be safe!

Upvote 0

mbtohill

Original Poster
I can't believe the school takes points away... I mean really??? if you are doing your work, who cares... It's Disney... Shame on that school! lol

Tell me about it. She's a straight A student too!!! Not happy about it at all since we've been going in May forever and this certainly messes up our routine. But it sounds like late August is a viable alternative

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom