EMH question

beyondinfinity

Original Poster
Can someone help me with this? Exactly how does this work?? I see where there are morning and evening hours. In the morning do you have to show a resort ID with your ticket to get in early? Is it different in the evening since the park has already been open? I've been to MVMCP and MNSSHP before and have seen people around MK without a wristband; is EMH the same way where you are supposed to have a wristband to get in or stay?

Thanks for your help.....

brertigger

beyondinfinity said:
Can someone help me with this? Exactly how does this work?? I see where there are morning and evening hours. In the morning do you have to show a resort ID with your ticket to get in early? Is it different in the evening since the park has already been open? I've been to MVMCP and MNSSHP before and have seen people around MK without a wristband; is EMH the same way where you are supposed to have a wristband to get in or stay?

You must show a room key in addition to your ticket for both the morning and evening EMH. In the evening, they give you a wristband. Only people with wristbands are allowed on the attractions. Everyone else can still walk around and shop, but that's it.

kennygman77

beyondinfinity said:

You just use your "key to the world" room key it has your ticket media on it already. You arrive early and go straight to the turnstiles, no armband needed for morning. For evening there will be places to get your armband a couple hours before closing.

beyondinfinity

Original Poster
thanks

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, we are not staying on property so I'll have to see if I can 'borrow' a room key this time or just wait until the next trip since we didn't book our own accomodations this time.

brertigger

A warning- they do scan the cards at least in the evening. Each person must have their own room key. If it has already been used somewhere on that night, you will not get the wristband and Disney may ask questions.

WDWRLD

beyondinfinity said:
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, we are not staying on property so I'll have to see if I can 'borrow' a room key this time or just wait until the next trip since we didn't book our own accomodations this time.
Not quite sure how you will borrow a room key......

ilovepluto23

There are usually CMs around the parks that distribute wrist bands a few hours before closing. You have to provide your resort ID (key to the World) for them.

However, this past February we went for a morning EMH at Epcot and nobody checked anything. They let us in with just our tickets. I don't know why.

slowbee

shoppingnut said:
This is not true if you have an AP or have bought your tickets elsewhere.

Even if you have an AP, you still need to be staying on property to use EMH. It is the benefit to those staying on property.

shoppingnut

ilovepluto23 said:
However, this past February we went for a morning EMH at Epcot and nobody checked anything. They let us in with just our tickets. I don't know why.

I'm guessing that because everyone arrives by bus/monorail at that time of the morning which would mean you are staying on property.

shoppingnut

slowbee said:
Even if you have an AP, you still need to be staying on property to use EMH. It is the benefit to those staying on property.

Yes, I always stay on property, but my ticket media is not encoded onto my hotel room key, nor would it be for someone who bought their tickets elsewhere. The poster makes it sound like everyone's media is encoded onto the hotel key which is not the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom