Eisner on CNN

Geordi

Original Poster
I think I'm gonna puke.

He sounds like every other buzzword-spewing CEO out there, not like the leader of the world's best company... and he's talking about "partnering" with CNN! Even Lou Dobbs mentioned that CNN was having issues making ends meet, and STILL Eisner seems interested in them!

Talking about making the board more "independent" amongst itself, and completely IGNORING a direct question about the plans for stock options... Something he gets TONS of, and would appear, has no desire to make them an actual expense against the bottom line, like they SHOULD be.

When will this evil beancounter move on to screw up another company? His time here is LONG past.

He was on CNN on Lou Dobbs MoneyLine, they might show repeats or have the stuff on cnn.com.

--Jim

TURKEY

I posted a thread in the General Discussion forum with a few more details.

Eisner's getting more heat about not having independent directors on the board than expensing stock options.

He's talking about partnering CNN and ABC News, not the entire company. I think this would be a good deal, giving the new entity a great lineup, not to mention a competitor against Fox/Fox News Channel and NBC/CNBC/MSNBC network/cable entities.

dreamer

Eisner IS a bean counter. He only cares about Disney because it makes money and he's gonna screw that up because he doesn't see that you can't dilute it with a bunch of speculative investments and still have a company that fosters the creativity and artistry that makes Disney special (and profitable).

He wants power. He's the ultimate Disney villain.

It's a shame.

prberk

I am not for the CNN/ABC news deal. Competition is great, and this would lessen it. Also, ABC used to have the most respected (not most-hours-on, there is a difference) news organization among many viewers. Ask any journalist about Nightline (whose ratings are just as strong and sometimes beat Letterman or Leno).

I think Eisner just doesn't care about news. He has made that evident in other comments. He doesn't seem to know that television is both for entertainment and community service. That community service takes sacrifice and care. Ultimately it is something to be proud of. I wish he knew that.

DanStat

Did you guys hear what he said about the parks?

"We're going to sit back, and watch our cash flow for a few years"...

ReDefined

Holding it together...

Some people just don't get what it takes to run a company, or be a CEO. Eisner doesn’t have to be the nice guy, the "Walt". He has to be the guy who concentrates on the business, the money, the deals, the growth, the future. Otherwise Disney gets broken up and liquefied for those interested in a quick profit.

Let others think about the "making the Disney freaks happy" details, that is their job. Don't blame Michael for doing his job. And if you think you could do better, then why don't you apply for his job?

http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/

He knows and is far more capable at running Disney than anyone on this message board. Go TEAM Eisner!!!

Fido

Re: Holding it together...

Originally posted by ReDefined
And if you think you could do better, then why don't you apply for his job?

:confused:
And for that matter, if you don't like a movie, YOU direct a better one. And if you dislike a piece of music, YOU compose a better one! All sarcasm aside, we don't have to do a better job at something in order to be able to criticize it. Otherwise nobody would have the right to disagree with anything (except the major composers, CEOs, moguls, etc.).

No offense, but if I think Eisner could stand to make some changes, I don't have to prove it by becoming CEO of Disney. As if that would be possible. It's just opinions man.

PS: I still say :hurl: !

DanStat

Re: Holding it together...

Originally posted by ReDefined
Some people just don't get what it takes to run a company, or be a CEO. Eisner doesn’t have to be the nice guy, the "Walt". He has to be the guy who concentrates on the business, the money, the deals, the growth, the future. Otherwise Disney gets broken up and liquefied for those interested in a quick profit.

Let others think about the "making the Disney freaks happy" details, that is their job. Don't blame Michael for doing his job. And if you think you could do better, then why don't you apply for his job?

http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/

He knows and is far more capable at running Disney than anyone on this message board. Go TEAM Eisner!!!

Wait a minute...a business is not all about making money. You also need to please the consumer.

Just because we don't like the way he runs things doesn't mean we want his job! Chill out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom