Eisner and Al

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
Just wanted to let you guys know that our friend Mikey stopped by the two Kingdoms and Pop Century to sell hello :), Al Weis was by his side. I didn't get the lovely honors, but the news was posted in Eyes and Ears.

PeterAlt

Originally posted by jcrb
Wow the Big cheese showed up!

Heck checkout this PR carttoon about Eisner being the old witch.

only on savedsiney.com

Mirror Mirror is Eisner the Greediest of them all? (Political Carttoon)

I remember when EuroDisney opened. Eisner and Roy were there for the ribbon cutting ceromony. When Eisner cut the ribbon, he looked Roy in the face to express "congradulations, we did it!"

Years later, when DCA opened, they had a similar ribbon cutting ceromony. This time around Roy was missing. I wondered why. Months later, I found out.

jcrb

Originally posted by PeterAlt
I remember when EuroDisney opened. Eisner and Roy were there for the ribbon cutting ceromony. When Eisner cut the ribbon, he looked Roy in the face to express "congradulations, we did it!"

Years later, when DCA opened, they had a similar ribbon cutting ceromony. This time around Roy was missing. I wondered why. Months later, I found out.

Why was Roy not there - was it because he didin't like Eisner at that time?

prberk

I know that everyone is glad that they came by, and I know that some have said that Eisner likes to spend New Year's at EPCOT; but I wonder if the reason that Michael is around WDW significantly these days has to do with the Florida animation studio, and working on "its fate."

I really hope that it stays open. Even if they do not have an immediate new project, it seems to me that this studio can go back to the "drawing board," so to speak: working on other projects and cleanup or parks stuff until they get more work, just like they did to start this studio. The drain of laid-off talent would be devestating to the company both as a loss of a significant investment (that does pay off) and as a stumbling block for hiring the best new artists later, no matter the format.

So, I wonder if Michael is there trying to figure out a way to salvage the Florida studio, or listen to new pitches for story development. (I know, pie in the sky; but I certainly hope so.)

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
The studio theory might be correct, but he actually was at AK on New Year's Day taking part in our Grand Gathering safari and dinner package with Al, Lee, Beth, and others...
his visits were nice, we've been saying for years that he never gives us the time of day, but too little too late, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom