EFCOT Center

ROEFan88

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I just watched the 'Special Edna' episode of 'The Simpsons' again - the family travels to 'EFCOT Center' ('When Everything Else Is Booked') in Florida. When the family fly over it, Homer shouts 'It's even boring to fly over!'. :fork: While I don't really approve of how the park is portrayed, it's still pretty funny.

If you haven't seen it, here's pretty much what happens:
- SSE is shown as 'FutureSphere' (without a wand), which shows 'what people in 1965 thought life would be like in 1987'. The ride is sponsored by Eastern Airlines, who plan on 'world conquest'. Totally bizarre.
- The 'Transportation Pavilion' (which is shown to be part of CommuniCore/Innoventions East) has the 'Electric Car Of The Future', which is a pathetic little pink convertible that makes riders look gay (? - the writers have some odd ideas).
- Marge and Lisa visit France, where 'Le Pizza' and 'Senior Grilled Cheese' (lol)
- Bart and Homer watch the show 'Honey, I Squirted Goo on The Audience' :)lol: )
- Marge and Homer watch fireworks over WS.
- Homer mentions a show 'Great Moments with Mr. Eisner', and Skinner rides 'Enron's Ride Of Broken Dreams' ("mmm, that's good satire")
- Skinner sleeps in the 'Home of Tomorrow' (?)

At the end, Homer decides he wants to go to Disney World (???), and tries to climb a fence to get to (what looks like) Sleeping Beauty Castle (again, ?). Mickey's voice says 'step away from the wall', and when he gets there, Homer buys a Churro for $14.

Funniest. Episode. Ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom