Easter Parade ?

BRER DAVE

Original Poster
Hi Folks,
Only a week to go and we will be leaving dear old England and heading for sunny Florida for two weeks. :)
Although we have pretty much planned each day, can anyone advise whether or not Magic Kingdom does a special Easter Parade during the holidays, if so which day?

TURKEY

There is no Easter parade. They may add a couple Easter bunnies or something, but there is no longer a entirely Easter parade.

wdwforus

I remember the Easter parade! Too bad they dont do it anymore. I think we were down there twice for it. It was very good.

Katherine

Are you serious there is NO easter parade?! I remember we would go down during Spring Break and would go see it and usually have brunch some where. This is sad to hear.:(

mickey04

I was never there to see it, but always remember watching it on Tv. Just doesn't seem like Easter without the Disney gang singing "Put on your Easter Bonnet" down Main Street- it was one of the few WDW specials on TV (well, at least there's Christmas.)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
the easter parade hasn't been done for quite a few years now... last year they did some easter enhancements but that was about it.

mkt

Premium Member
lack of popularity..

they still do some easter enhancements, but no more full easter parade

wdwforus

Originally posted by mktiggerman
lack of popularity..

That sounds so hard to believe though. I cant remember one not being packed. I know that my Mom was extrememly disappointed when they stopped it. Just goes to show how times change I guess.

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
It was actually canned due to the amount of CMs in the parade... they would have to take like 200 CMs out of their normal jobs in the MK & put them in the parade... that made crowd control very, umm, bad.

mkt

Premium Member
not really, since then with that reasoning, they'd have to can the Christmas parade as well.. hmm

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by EvilMortimer
Good point. But that's just what a CM told me. Oh well.

I'd take MKTiggerman's word on this one....he's kind of on the "inside" with these types of things :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by mktiggerman
lack of popularity..

We watched the "enhanchments" in 2002 - although very colourful and well done, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom