Early entry

Avenger23

Original Poster
Hello all, I am new to your board, and have found your discussions very intesting, and was hoping some of you may have some info I am curious about.

I am leaving for WDW on Sat Aug. 2nd, staying on-site. They always had the early entry program when I have been there in the past, but I read in a guidebook they ended the program due to cutbacks. Then today I got a promotion from Disney and the claim they still run the early entry program.

So the question is do they still run it?

Thank you to all who can / do answer, and have fun and be safe :)

Joel

castlecake2.0

Hey Joel, welcome!

Early entry was cutback for a while but was brought back after (im assuming) to many guest complaints, but now its called Extra Magic Hour or something like that. I will try and find what parks open early, i think I have it somewhere. So, yup, they still have early entry.

Ty:king:

disneydawg

I was there last week and each park opened early twice a week except Epcot, which opened early on Wednesday. And even then only SSE, TT, and UoE were operating. And the lines for TT were already bad at 8:30.

Avenger23

Original Poster
Thank you very much guys for your responses. I figured Disney would know better, but wanted to confirm it.

Thanks again,

Joel

daniam2188

welcome!

like other people have said certain parks open an hour early on certian days to wdw resort guests. the host/hostest checking you in to your hotel will tell you what days what aprks open early for your length of stay. one other note is i believe you have to use disney transportation to get there because the parking lot is not open and also you have to show your room key to get in.

JTFerret

You will have to show your room key before they let you in the turnstiles at the entrance to the park. Parking is open as you will also have character breakfasts going on at the parks.
Realize that the day of early admission for each park is also the busiest day at that park! My family will typically try to take advantage of the extra hour to ride a few of the more popular attractions and by 30 minutes after normal opening we head to another park to enjoy a slower day there away from the biggest crowds. Or just sleep late and avoid that park altogether.

LivefortheMouse

Yes the early entry program is back. Joking around i tell peopel that s its backs thatks to me. The last time i went to disney last year I most have told ever cast memeber how great teh program was and how why did we need the character caravan if the characters are at the parks. the perk of staying at a disney resort is to get a vip entrance to the park. So thats why i joke and say then to all my complaints its back though i know thats not true.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom