News Early close for Test Track Feb 2 2022

Skywise

Critical... but not safety or functionally related (as the ride is still running during the day) - Software updates?

willf

I mean doesn’t Disney have in house printers? I can’t imagine this pretty generic sign would take more than a few hours to be printed.
Oh definitely, it’s just when I was an attractions CM they’d always just have us stand around outside the entrance for an unscheduled downtime. Usually the bureaucracy made getting a stuck lock fixed take weeks, I guess I’m just skeptical that enough of the right people would work in concert quickly enough to get the sign designed, printed, and transported to the park with minimal warning

ImperfectPixie

Oh definitely, it’s just when I was an attractions CM they’d always just have us stand around outside the entrance for an unscheduled downtime. Usually the bureaucracy made getting a stuck lock fixed take weeks, I guess I’m just skeptical that enough of the right people would work in concert quickly enough to get the sign designed, printed, and transported to the park with minimal warning
They probably keep the designs on file for refurbs/maintenance. Likely someone just had to print it out or pull from storage if they keep the signs. (It's likely just a thin sheet of plastic with a vinyl printed face that can slide in and out of a frame.)

celluloid

Try minutes… I print signs at work… a generic sign like that can be printed immediately…maybe it would take a half hour to print and get it to Test Track

Depending on how the department(s) operates. At a theme park there are sometimes a lot of red tape to make sure the sign is allowed to be approved and presented on property. It gets insane and has frustrated me over the years in various small situations.

JoeCamel

Interesting that it was sufficiently anticipated to allow a bespoke sign to be printed, but insufficiently anticipated to be announced

It closed at 6:30 yesterday also.

I mean doesn’t Disney have in house printers? I can’t imagine this pretty generic sign would take more than a few hours to be printed.

My point was that someone said “there wasn’t sufficient notice that the ride was going down” but there was “sufficient time to print a sign”

Try minutes… I print signs at work… a generic sign like that can be printed immediately…maybe it would take a half hour to print and get it to Test Track

They probably keep the designs on file for refurbs/maintenance. Likely someone just had to print it out or pull from storage if they keep the signs. (It's likely just a thin sheet of plastic with a vinyl printed face that can slide in and out of a frame.)

Depending on how the department(s) operates. At a theme park there are sometimes a lot of red tape to make sure the sign is allowed to be approved and presented on property. It gets insane and has frustrated me over the years in various small situations.
My first thought was that even though the signs can be designed and printed in minutes the meetings to approve the design and placement probably take days with TDO running it.
Most likely they knew they had increased or specific maintenance to do and rather than taking it down for days decided it could be done with early evening shutdowns. They knew it was coming, had the meetings and got the sign printed. Like it was planned.
OK -1 for the endless meetings (my call) and +1 for planning to at least have it open during the day rather than disappoint the guests, almost like someone still cares about show.

Call it even for this one.

Lilofan

Yes, like how many hands does it take to change a lightbulb ! - Many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom