Earliest Flight our on Disembarkement Day

Iceman09201

Original Poster
I know Disney says flights on disembarkment day should be no earlier then 1230 but has anyone every tried earlier? Any experience?

DisneyJoe

I am sure that some have.

For me, after a nice relaxing cruise, I wouldn't want to introduce the stress of possibly missing my flight home.

at least 2 things could affect your plans:

- customs check before DCL is allowed to let you off the ship, as well as going thru customs yourself

- airport security

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not risk it. While the ships tend to adhere to a very rigid schedule all it would take is a medical emergency, a mechanical failure or any one of a million other things to have your ship arriving late back to port or taking you longer than normal to get off the ship. You also never know what could happen between the dock and the airport or at airport security. Personally, I feel 12:30 is pushing it.

nepalostparks

As a former cruise sales agent, I would caution about booking a flight out too early. I assume you are cruising out of Port Canaveral and flying out of Orlando?

There are a lot of potential delays in that scenario. Ship docking late, not getting off quickly enough, delays in your transfer/traffic to the airport, long lines for security, etc. I personally would not book a flight for a customer that fell before the cruise's recommended window, for those reasons.

Now, can it be done? If everything lines up correctly, absolutely. But ultimately you have to decide if the risk is worth it. The airline will not give you a refund or put you on the next flight if you don't make it in time, and you'll be stuck at the airport booking a very expensive last minute flight, if anything is even available.

Phonedave

And .....

Even if YOU get to your flight on time, unless you forgo the on-board luggage check-in service (and why would you want to) there is no assurance that your LUGGAGE will make the flight you are booked on.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom