E.T. entrance changes?

colliera

Original Poster
I just wanted to make sure I had ridden E.T. one last time before the rumored close sometime this year. However, when I exited the ride yesterday there were two Universal workers making measurements on the ground/walkway with a tape measure while three suits watched on and discussed things. One suit had a rolled up sheet of paper that I was able to see "E.T. Adventure" along one edge of the paper. They were measuring the ground at a point just in front of Fievel's Playland.

Anyone know what might be going on here?

pheneix

ET is closing at Universal Studios Hollywood (and it ain't making way for a clone The Mummy either). The ride in Florida is not closing anytime soon.

WooGuin

Account Suspended
I hope it isn't closing, this is one of my favorite magical rides....

Attachments

• 20th_anniv_poster.jpg
    20th_anniv_poster.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 183

pheneix

No, definitely not MIB. Everything I have heard says that it will be a custom Premier LIM bowl, not unlike the Rockin Roller Coaster, except that this ride will be significantly more intense and much more intricately themed.

But still, I'm not 100% on anything at the moment, even on the fact that the ride is actually closing.

colliera

Original Poster
E.T.closing Wronge Cost!

Ooops! Sorry about the confusion. I didn't pick up that the E.T. rumor was USH not USF.

Anyway I took it as a good sign that they were checking measurements for USF and E.T.

RogueHabit

They only recently referbed EY at USF for the 20th anniversary. Not sure they would have done that if it was closing.

I'm glad it isn't.

Just my $0.02

DigitalDisney

phenix:
RNRC is not a Premiere lunched LIM spaghetti bowl. It's Vekoma

Since Vekoma has worked with the top theme parks (Disney and Universal) so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the new Mummy ride was designed by Vekoma

pheneix

>>>RNRC is not a Premiere lunched LIM spaghetti bowl. It's Vekoma<<<

You missed my point there. I merely pointed out RnRC as an example of what kind of ride I was describing for those who may have not known what a Premiere LIM Bowl was. I know that RnRC was designed by Vekoma, and I'm dreading the day that it's Vekoma side shows it's ugly head (it's already happened to Space Mountain at DLP).

>>>Since Vekoma has worked with the top theme parks (Disney and Universal)<<<

Vekoma is not working on The Mummy, and I highly doubt that Universal will ever buy another coaster from Vekoma again, even if it is a mere kiddie coaster. They are already feeling the pain from their two jr coasters at UO right now, and they are VERY aware of Vekoma's reputation of building cheap, substandard rides.

Besides, it is a pretty done deal that Premier is working on the new ride out at USH, much like it is a done deal that Intamin will be working on The Mummy in Florida (you read that right, they are not the same ride).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom