DW experiences and crowd

traveler_t

1. Visiting Disney World with two kids (5, 7). What are some experiences I should reserve 60 days ahead? Especially tours / activities (not just meal experiences).

2. In terms of crowd, is it better to start a 4-day visit from Monday Feb 19 (Presidents day) or from Thursday Feb 22 (which includes a weekend and a Marathon)? We would be in Florida the entire week anyway, the question is if we should start with Orlando or Miami (Orlando preferred but crowd immediately after Presidents day is a concern).

nickys

Premium Member
Depending on their interests and your budget, I would suggest considering:

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Droid building
A character meal

You’ll notice perhaps I didn’t include the light sabre building - I think it’s too pricey for that age and they can still build a cheap one in store.

BBB and droids booking opens at midnight, ADRs at 6am. If staying onsite you can book for your whole stay.

Upvote 0

monorail81

I would personally avoid a race weekend at all costs. There will be very heavy crowds, road closures, etc. You will be impacted by the run regardless because people start showing up earlier than the actual weekend. but, if that was the only time you could go, I’d start on Monday.

Upvote 0

traveler_t

Original Poster
Thanks! regarding race weekend (Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend), can we avoid road closures by staying at a hotel which has direct access to the park (Skyliner) and choose a park which does not have race same day? I've found some online crowd predictors which suggest the Race weekend will be less busy than the weekdays following presidents day but not sure if they are accurate.

Upvote 0

DisneyFanatic12

Thanks! regarding race weekend (Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend), can we avoid road closures by staying at a hotel which has direct access to the park (Skyliner) and choose a park which does not have race same day? I've found some online crowd predictors which suggest the Race weekend will be less busy than the weekdays following presidents day but not sure if they are accurate.
While there are general trends, you can’t really predict the crowds for each day of a week. I visit multiple times a week, and while crowds may be predictable on a monthly level, daily crowds vary quite a bit. Staying at a hotel with direct access (as you suggested, the Skyliner for instance), you should be able to avoid most impacts. You would know it was happening, but shouldn’t be negatively impacted except for a possible minor delay. Something to note is that courses usually include Crescent Lake and Epcot. Therefore, there will be increased activity in the mornings.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

President's Day week is going to be packed from start to finish. I wouldn't say that either end of that week is better than the other in terms of mere crowd level, although as others said, visiting during a marathon is particularly inconvenient, especially if you're trying to get to a park in the morning, so I'd say that militates in favor of visiting earlier in the week. (Ask my family about our 70-minute, standing-room-only bus ride from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the MK during the Princess Half-Marathon a few years ago -- a trip that would typically take 15 minutes!).

As far as experiences to book ahead, I'd book anything you know you want to do, as soon as you possibly can. Today's Disney World doesn't leave much room for spontaneity, unless you don't have any specific jaunts in mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom