DVD WDW planning

djhammon

HI,

Please can some one help me, i am wanting a new and upto date planning dvd of WDW.

Because i live in the UK they have stopped sending or making the available to us, does anybody know the best way to get one!!!!!

Thanks

David

magicmom

I think you can go onto Disneyworld.com and order one there. I don't know if they will actually send it to you once you enter your UK address though.

That stinks that they stopped sending the DVD's out of the states. You can also try to call the reservation line (407) WDI-SNEY and explain the situation to them. Maybe talking to a person will get you the video instead of over the web. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

AEfx

Actually, they have stopped sending the DVD anywhere. The DVD option no longer appears on the form you fill out to request a Vacation Planning Kit, and several of us reported a few weeks ago ordering the DVD when they did offer that option and recieving the VHS.

I assume the DVDs were more popular than they thought (the majority of customers ordering them) and they want to exhaust their VHS stock before pressing more DVDs. Either way, if they changed the website form I assume it will be some time. I accidentally threw my DVD away, unfortunately. :(

That said, you may have had a hard time with the DVD anyway (as well as VHS), because I don't believe Disney sends out video in anything but NSTC, unless you have a converter to play it in PAL or play it on your PC (the DVD was presumably region-free, however).

In either case, I have to admit I was disapointed with the content of the video - there is like five minutes in the parks, and most of it is people giving their awkward "man on the street" commentary. If you are looking for ride videos, you will find much better ones on this and other websites, and if you are looking for actual vacation planning beyond "Call WDW and we'll plan a magical gathering for you" you will find much better and infinately more helpful information on sites like this and AllEarsNet.

Go ahead and order the VHS kit even if you can't play the tape - it comes with new park guidebooks and other paper goodies that didn't come in the DVD package.

AEfx

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

I just got another VHS tape. Inside was a card to pass along to a friend. It had the DVD option available. They are probably saving the DVD's for new visitors. I'm guessing the new VHS and DVD will be available sometime in October/November.

Did you know Disney keeps a record of every video, DVD, etc. you order? I was blown away when last year when looking into DVC the CM told me I received one a little over a year ago. I am sure I am like others who have every freebie from WDW since they first came out years ago. I love to watch the old ones and really see some ride shots rather than interviews with folks at the parks. I also have the World of Motion VHS that was available from Pontiac that has a good review of WDW rides and attractions on it and is high quality video. The new ones are cheap and grainy.

Just before WDW started with the free videos I purchased ($15?) the Delta Airlines planning video. It may be worth something someday.

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

I'm looking forward to a new video. The Magical Gatherings one is absolutely horrible!!! Every five seconds, "Magical Gathering blah blah blah". Show us important things!

Upvote 0

Ritalyn

My wife and I probably get a new video every year, just to get us excited. :) This is the first year we did not get one in a while, but then again we have lots of WDW shows on the Tivo that the Travel channel aired that are a little more exciting. I do miss the Peter Pan cheesy line that is excaping me now, besides the "my peanut butter part."

Upvote 0

ZHoyt

It's amazing how far back some of the interview footage goes. I just found an old planning tape from '96 and it still had many familiar interviews, including my personal favorite Idiot in Epcot Trying to Talk About World Showcase and Being Mocked By His Wife.

Upvote 0

Kadee

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm looking forward to a new video. The Magical Gatherings one is absolutely horrible!!! Every five seconds, "Magical Gathering blah blah blah". Show us important things!
YES!!! I AGREE!! I just got the regular, vacation one about a week ago and most of it is about magical gatherings. And there is so little on each park. I was very disapointed. Plus, I didn't get the option of the DVD as someone stated earlier. They must be trying to get rid of the VHS tapes because I can't think of any other reason to go to just VHS. DVD's aren't that expensive (especially buying in bulk) so I don't think cost would be an issue. I'm so glad I have my DVD from a year and a half ago. I guess I just expected a little more.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Kadee said:
YES!!! I AGREE!! I just got the regular, vacation one about a week ago and most of it is about magical gatherings. And there is so little on each park. I was very disapointed. Plus, I didn't get the option of the DVD as someone stated earlier. They must be trying to get rid of the VHS tapes because I can't think of any other reason to go to just VHS. DVD's aren't that expensive (especially buying in bulk) so I don't think cost would be an issue. I'm so glad I have my DVD from a year and a half ago. I guess I just expected a little more.

The old saying is true, "You get what you pay for!" I love my freebies. The old tapes were much better.

There is a $19.95 US DVD titled Where Magic Lives---WDW, but it is not much better. It does have some extras to it. Like all real Disneyfanatics I would like a complete set of DVD's with every ride and attraction--past and present!!!

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I love the vhs from I believe it is 1992 or 1993. My daughter and I watch that one over and over. It is so sad to see all the rides that are no longer there. Anyway, I also have gotten them over the years. This last one does stink. We were so excited to get a new one and all my daughter kept asking to see was the parks which they hardly ever showed. There were too many commentaries by people. Most of us who have been there know that stuff and just want to see footage to get our "fix". Newcomers need to see the park and attractions to decide how they want to plan their trip, but there just was not enough to show them.

Upvote 0

Kadee

A friend of mine got a DVD from Disney a few months back and then her travel agent gave her one, too. But she said the one from the travel agent was different (longer and better). I haven't seen them, so all I have to go on is her word. Anyone know of special DVD's or VHS that go to travel agents to give out?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom