Dvc

birdiesunshine

Original Poster
Hi there!

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to post about the DVC but I am a newbie here to these message boards.

We just bought our timeshare last September at Saratoga Springs Resort and we will be using our points this May at the Boardwalk for the first time. Can any DVC members tell me how they like being part of the DVC and enlighten me on some things that I should know about being part of the DVC. I.E. benefits we get at the parks or shopping, pool hopping etc......

Thanks,
Celeste

artvandelay

This site is not that active for DVC issues. You should go to

www.disboards.com

They have a large DVC board with a lot of great info. I'm still looking into DVC, but I haven't bought yet. How much did you pay per point for Saratoga?

debbiedoo

I am also a member at SSR. I bought last oct with 79 per point. It was originally 89 per point and got 10 off per point - the special. I will definitely have to post a report when I return!! 63 days to go!! June 5-13

goofyman

Hi There
we bought in 2001 at Wilderness Lodge and WE LOVE it! The DVC Hotels have larger rooms and the great thing is how flexable the whole prgrm is. You are never locked into a sinle week or time of year like other ones. You asked about pool hopping , you can do this but there are restriction during busy time of the year. Check the DVC member site it has great info.
We used our one year and went to a %star hotel in Hawaii that was amazing. The only thing you will have to get used to is the mais and towel srevice being limited depending and how long you stay and is you want to pay for the other days. We found it acutally not a prob at all after the first trip the WDW and realized how much we did not need the extra service. You can get the extra twels from the pool.
Anyway sorry i was jumping around I love to tell people about the DVC because we have been so happy with it

ENJOY!!!:sohappy:

birdiesunshine

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. We got our points for $79 also. I definitely want to hear about what you think of the resort when you return from your trip. I am so excited to stay at the Boardwalk. I really want to go to Jellyrolls. If it's as fun as Howl At The Moon that would be great. Have a magical trip. We are going the week before you.

Celeste

MadameCheshire

My parents bought in DVC several years ago, and it is fantastic. We use it all the time for our trips. It was completely worth getting into :sohappy:

DisneyPhD

We love DVC, it is one of the best investments we have ever made. We joined 2001 when our DD was less then a year old. (170 points at VWL. We wish we had more points and we wish we bought at BCV, but what can you do?) Since then we have been 3 times and trying out Vero Beach in a few weeks. (5 nights Sun- Fri for only 50 points fora ocean veiw inn room, can't beat that!)

While the one bedrooms are great, you can really make your points go far with studios. (and they are better then a normal resort room) We had thought about saving some points and getting an AP rate for one trip, but we decided that we didn't want to stay anywere that wasn't DVC, the extra acomodations are just so wonderful. You save sooooo much money buy having snacks and food in the room. (you don't even need to cook meals, just sandwiches, breakfest and snacks save you hundreds on a trip.)

Saddly we are always in a borrow mode, we could use more points, but I was recently laid off. We are doing fine, but extra points are currenlty out of the question (and we have another child on the way this summer!) At least with always borrowing you never have to worry about any points going to waste. And you can always borrow again next year.

So far BCV is our very favorite resort. We also visit disboard for our DVC fix. There is at least a 1000 DVC members there and they are very knowagable. I have learned alot there.

Welcome home.

PhilharMagician

We also joined in October during our last trip to the world. We hope that this will get us to go there at least twice a year. We also paid the $79.00 per point. Our next trip will put us @ Saratoga Springs in December in a one bedroom, but DisneyPHD pointed out the studios will allow you to stretch the points about twice as far. Maybe this way I can go three times if I can afford it.:sohappy:

I don't think the benefits are that great beyond the resorts themselves. I personally am not into pool hopping. I would like to get into the YC/BC pool (such a cool pool), but you are not allowed to pool hop there along with AKL.

As far as park passes can anyone answer what is the cheapest way out for a week? :confused:
Online discounted tickets (7 day park hopper plus)
Using DVC discount @ check-in (Stay and Play or park hopper)
Is there a DVC discount on AP's

Long live DVC!!

debbiedoo

I have two trips planned this year.
June 5-13 SSR
Oct6-12OKW

I decided to go ahead and do the annual pass. I had a couple of water park days left over, and found that to be the best value. Not to mention maybe squeeze in the third trip before June 5th next year.

Hope this helps!!

Not to mention you also get discounts with the ap that are not available with the dvc card.

Also, wdwinfo.com is a great web site as well!! Definitely have learned alot from them!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom