dvc members

nikechic

YAY!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

We own Old Key West. Love DVC. Best decision ever.

We still haven't decided when we are going back. Looks like potential trips in April May and September. There might be another one during the summer but we aren't sure yet. Everyone in my family will be going at different times this year to visit my sister on the CP.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wwoc

Members at OKW since '91. Been back every year since (except for one year at Vero Beach, one year on Disney Cruise and last year at Beach Club). Coming in March and can't wait.

Upvote 0

dizneygeek

We are new members to Saratoga springs. We are very excited. Our next DVC trip will be in Nov 2004. We are going to try to get into Old Key west but being new I'm not sure how that is going to work out. Do rooms go fast there since it's less points?

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by dizneygeek
We are new members to Saratoga springs. We are very excited. Our next DVC trip will be in Nov 2004. We are going to try to get into Old Key west but being new I'm not sure how that is going to work out. Do rooms go fast there since it's less points?

OKW is the biggest DVC resort (not sure if SSR is bigger or not, I don't know much about it.) Since OKW is the biggest and oldest, it tends to be the easiest to get into (I think). It is less points and that is good, but you do get less resort in some ways (not a Deluxe resort, really more of a Mod with really great home away from home rooms.) It is very lad back and relaxed. The one and two bedrooms are much larger then any other DVC resort, and they are popular. Unless you plan on going during a very busy time I don't think you should have much of a problem getting in. OKW is a good resort, like all DVC and WDW resorts, but it is our least fav so far. (keeping that in mind it might be a great place to start, that way you aren't disapointed when you get somewhere else.) Oh, if you go to OKW make sure you have a car, the bus service is really lacking and the resort is spread out.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

Original Poster
Hi everyone, looks like there are a lot of members out there!! I am excited that I have joined, and ready to start my adventures!! I know that there is a meet and greet this dec, but is there one just for dvc members? If not, will there be one started? I am looking forward to getting to know other members, and having many magical memories!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by debbiedoo
Hi everyone, looks like there are a lot of members out there!! I am excited that I have joined, and ready to start my adventures!! I know that there is a meet and greet this dec, but is there one just for dvc members? If not, will there be one started? I am looking forward to getting to know other members, and having many magical memories!!!

I think there is maybe 20 of us on WDWmagic (if there is more they are lukers.) We can start a thread for a role call if you want.

When I need DVC info I look at www.disboards.com the DVC forem has almost a 1000 members. (maybe more.)

Also over the summer they had "member days" on Tuesdays at each resort. I think they may be continuing it. That is a great way to meet other members.

Upvote 0

HMGhost13

bought into the DVC officially Oct. 10th, Saratoga Springs ;) not really going until Sept. 2004 (hopefully) for th Animal Kingdom Lodge- Concierage.

although i may take a personal trip in May..

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by Bagheera
Not sure when next trip will be yet.

I can now take that back. I've just set up a guys-only trip to celebrate my 40th birthday 4/30-5/3 in a 3-bedroom Grand Villa at Old Key West. Woo-hoo!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by debbiedoo
I am looking forward to getting to know other members, and having many magical memories!!!

Every week, they have a breakfast gathering of members called the Member Update. (The day of the week varies by resort.) They discuss any new benefits or choices available to members, members can tell of interesting things they've done with their points, and DVC can soft-sell increasing your point allocation. I've heard that it's a nice informal gathering that has decent food. It's only a half-hour or hour thing, so it shouldn't cut into your trip.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

And aren't the annual member meetings the first week of December? Ok, I know they aren't called that, but you know what I mean, kind of like the Homeowner's meetings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom