DVC experation date

Diannabanana

My husband and I have been members since jan'98', and we bought if 45 years. Now, my husband seems to think that everyone expires together, year 2043. I think everyone gets 45 years from there purchase date. Does anyone know the answer to this?:sohappy:

mickeyfanatics

Yes, all the above posts are correct. Whether you buy in now, or bought in 1992, it all expires in 2042, although they have said that they have no clue what they will do then, and they may offer us something. Disney did not initially know how popular it would be and what the buildings would look like in 50 years. As it is, they have repainted Boardwalk 3 times in the last 6 years.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

When we bought DVC (VWL) last year I thought I was for 40 years of use. It was only after that I learned it was the same for everyone. So if you are thinking about maybe doing it in a few years, take the plung now. (same with upgrades in getting more points.) I wish we had joined 8 years ago when we started going, but were poor graduate student then and it wasn't going to happen. ( I also wished we had bought about 50 more points ,we have 170 now.)

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

Yes, we just bought more points at Vero Beach that they are trying to sell out at 65 per point (they bought back our first years' points). Now we have 320 per year for the next 40 years. That will help with the Alaskan Cruise in 2004. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom