Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say: Florida Edition

Dave B

The dumbest thing I heard was said by me. It was meant all in good fun and as a joke, but it quickly backfired and almost landed me and my family in some hot water. About 2 years ago we were visiting MK on a crowded Sunday, and in line for Pan. It was crowded, I was not in the best of moods, but was there for the wife and kids. Behind us in line was a very chatty couple. They were pleasant people and I am sure meant well. I just wasn't in the mood that day for small talk in a crowded queue. Well the husband taps me on the shoulder and asks where we were visiting from. I didn't want to say Orlando, because this would start the onslaught of questioning "Oh, so how do you like it down here?" "How often do you go to the parks?" So I just shot out a smart-**** response as quickly as I could. I said to the man "We are actually a homeless family who were given free park tickets by some church, and are visiting for the first time." Then I smiled. This shut the man up in a hurry. No more questions, no more small talk. My wife looked embarrassed, and she quietly scolded me later on the ride for making up a jerk answer.

Well, then it all backfired. As we were exiting the ride, I notice not one, but two WDW security waiting just outside the ride exit. At first, I thought they were checking out something across the way at IASW, as they were standing closer to it's entrance. But no, they were staring directly at US. As we walk toward the Tangled and HM area, they begin to follow us. We don't make it to Columbia Harbour House before one tells us we need to come with him. Next thing you know, we are in a WDW security office, myself wife and kiddos. Security tells us just to wait, and would not tell us what this is all about. About ten minutes later 2 OPD officers show up. One tells me I need to show proof of my residency or face possible park eviction or arrest. He says they have been tipped off anonymously that we are homeless. I breath a sigh of relief, and tell them no we are not at all homeless, show my driver's license with address, and explain I made a poor taste joke while in line earlier. Then the officers and security become friendly, apologize for any inconvenience, and let us on our way. It made for a scary few minutes at first, but as my wife tells me I should always think before opening my mouth. :hilarious:

But why would it matter if you were homeless or not, why would security get involved? I am confused on this one?

Last edited:

jaklgreen

But why would it matter if you were homeless or not, why would security get involved? I am confused on this one?

Homeless people are in a desperate situation. People in those situations do desperate things like bathe in the bathroom sinks and steal anything they can get away with. Both of which I have witnessed where I work.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Sure they can. Your rights as a citizen don't include visiting Walt Disney World. As long as Disney is not discriminating against someone because of a legally protected characteristic (e.g. race, sex, etc.), they can admit or not admit whomever they want for whatever reason.

I suppose after the recent events in the news, I'm realizing that you may be correct in that they could ask them to leave. At most they could probably also arrest for trespass, but I doubt that would be in Disney's interest.

Hello, WKMG? WESH? You'll never guess what just happened to me. Hello, Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan and Morgan?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom