Ducks being attacked in Magic Kingdom.

jessevee

Original Poster
Hey guys, I don't know if you have noticed lately the surge of the amount of ducks that walk around Magic Kingdom. I love them I always like seeing the baby ducks walk around with the mother ducks. Today I saw something very disturbing though. One of those big white birds (crane?) had a little baby duck in his mouth eating him. The little baby duck was still alive too and trying to get away. It wasn't so bad for me to see until several children started coming up and crying and asking their parents to do something. I felt so bad for them, I was upset I couldn't imagine how they felt. I went to go ask a couple of cast members for something to hit the ugly white thing with. They weren't much help to say the least. The white bird ended up flying away with the baby duck. I still can't get that image out of my mind of those kids crying. I was upset because they shouldn't allow that to be seen. Truly disturbing. I have seen birds in the parks eat fish from the water, but a baby duck was too far for me to see. Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

Jesse

peter11435

jessevee said:
I was upset because they shouldn't allow that to be seen.

I am sure it was very upsetting to see but what exactly would you like them to do about that? It's called nature. There is really no way they can prevent that from happening.

Connor002

We made countless species go extent and yet we can't save the baby ducks!

:hammer:

:lookaroun

Sometimes nature must take its course...

jessevee

Original Poster
I don't blame disney for what happened, it really just got to me at the time. Nature will be Nature, I just hate when they pick on the helpless babies.

TP2000

jessevee said:
Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

Yeah, the same thing happens at Disneyland a lot this time of year. I saw a Crane (big white bird) eat two small ducklings one after the other near the Mark Twain dock in Frontierland just a few weeks ago. The mama duck did what she could to defend her brood, but the Crane still got two of 'em before it flew off.

It's called "nature", and it happens millions of times a day all over the planet.

I can understand that some children would be disturbed by it, but that is when it's time for the child's parents to step up and explain how nature works to them, at whatever learning level they feel the child could understand best. But CM's or the Walt Disney Company can't be held responsible for the animals on this planet going about their business as nature demands.

The parents are responsible for explaining this natural act to their children. Disney isn't responsible.

imagineer boy

Aww, that's a shame that the kids had to see that. :( I know its nature, and it happens all the time, but I'd hate to see something like that at a young age.

BTW, I really hate those big white cranes. They're all over Frontierland. It kinda ruins the illusion since the wild west didn't have cranes all over the place! Not to mention that they always fly around and nearly hit you in the face. I kinda wish Disney would do something to make them go away, like some sort of relocation thing.

SpenceMan01

Time to break out your Lion King video! It's unfortunate that the kids had to see it, but it is the way of life.

Nature will be nature...

... just as long as it's not Nature on the Rocks :lookaroun

Skellington88

uhh..not to sound dark or anything but this is a natural part of life.

Now if you saw a human maliciously abusing and attacking a duck then there would be a real problem. :mad:

Connor002

Skellington88 said:
Now if you saw a human maliciously abusing and attacking a duck then there would be a real problem. :mad:

That;s what I was expecting from this thread...

I was disappointed. :lookaroun

jmvd20

I ate eggs over easy and sausage for breakfast this morning, a turkey sandwich for lunch, and a chicken breast for dinner.

How many burgers does disney sell a day?

jessevee

Original Poster
I know animals are killed all the time, I think I was affected so much because it was a baby duck though. That is nature, but I think we should start a petition to rid frontierland of the cranes. Why do the cranes only hang out in frontierland?

Our Petition Title: "If you have a brain, eliminate the crane."

Will it work?:lol:

jmvd20

jessevee said:
I know animals are killed all the time, I think I was affected so much because it was a baby duck though. That is nature, but I think we should start a petition to rid frontierland of the cranes. Why do the cranes only hang out in frontierland?

Our Petition Title: "If you have a brain, eliminate the crane."

Will it work?:lol:

So ducks have a right to survive but cranes do not. Let's just let nature take its own course here, esp. since those ducks always come after my popcorn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom