Driving from Sanford Airport?

brydonj

We're coming back to Orlando again this year, and will be flying into Sanford as normal.

Normally I pick up the car on I-drive or near Downtown Disney, but this year we're picking the car up at the airport.

I must be honest and say I've never really paid much attention to which way the taxi got down to I-drive or WDW Resort from Sanford, so am looking for advice on which way is best to get to the hotel?

I'm quite happy driving on the wrong side of the road (well, it is for us Brits anyway :cool: ) but the thought of jumping straight off the plane and onto the Expressway is a bit daunting ... especially as we're landing at 18:30, so it will be getting dark, and my co-pilot isn't ...well, lets just say she could get lost in our own garden!

Is the Seminole Expressway the best road to come down, or would heading over to I4 and going that way be best? Having driven on I4 many times, that would seem a slightly less daunting task, but not sure if thats a better route or not?

Also, if I am coming down the Expressway, how much are the tolls? I notice there are 2/3 toll booths down that way.

This site rocks...keep up the good work :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm not exactly sure where the airport is, but I've driven from the train station, and there's no question I-4 is the easiest, fastest, most direct way from there. I'm assuming that's probably true for the airport as well.

As I remember, there is a fairly major road that connects downtown Sanford to I-4. About 5 minutes on that road should get you to I-4, and then an approximately 20-30 minute drive from there should get you into Disney World.

Also, I don't think there are any tolls on that route, but I'm not 100% sure about that detail.

Upvote 0

Philo

Im pretty sure that the bus I got from sanford to i-drive used the I4. It seemed fairly straight forward but I'm glad I wasn't driving! I wasn't expecting toll booths and I had never heard of the 'turn right on a red light' rule. Still, if you've driven in Florida before then you should be fine.

It might be woth waiting an hour before setting off though so you avoid all the traffic. I cant imagine how much self restraint it would take not to speed of towards DW the second you touch down though!

Upvote 0

goofntink

From the Sanford Airport take the 417 to Disney.It dumps you off at Disney and I-4.Quickest way to go in my opinion to stay out of Downtown Orlando on I-4,and traffic.You are about 45 minutes to Disney by the 417. 90 minutes by I-4.Tolls will be about $7-8 Dollars U.S.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom