Driving from Massachusetts?

kellydisney

Original Poster
Has anyone ever driven to Orlando from Massachusetts? We are thinking this might be a cheaper alternative for us... do you know the rough estimates of the cost (tolls, gas, pit stops etc.) and how long did it take you? It says on Mapquest that it is 21 hours. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

EmeraldDolphin

Hi Kelly :wave: a couple of months ago I was going through the same debate as you are... I live in CT and I was thinking about driving down with my 14 year old daughter... so it would have been just the 2 of us gals... I would be the only driver... it turned out to be comparable to fly (found a good deal) and I'm even renting a vehicle down there (found another good deal) so, I would say depending on how many airline tickets you would need to purchase would really be the deciding factor... buying 2 was not that much $, also... the biggie for me was that I would be the only driver... good luck in making your decision!

i can help you

i live on cape ann and i drove to fl in march to pick up a boat. i took 90 to 91 then to 95 in ct. it took me 21 hours just to get to the fl border about $300 in gas(diesel) and $25 to $30 in tolls i was the only on driving so i had to stop over in nc $65.00 so add in food and that would be oneway. to me airplane is the only way to go not saying i wouldnt do it again because i saw some states i would have never seen. the only thing you have to think of is that 5 days of vacation are going to be used 4 driving 2 each way and 1 for rest. a plane less then 3 hours you there hope this helps

alicenwondrland

driving from mass

Hi my name is Kelly to (LOL) we drove from mass in may of 2003 and it was fine took 95 the whole way did it in about 20 hr 18 the first day alone we left at 1am and by 8 that night we were in Florida get the fast pass or eazy pass from the Turnpike it will save time on tolls you attach it to your car and your can drive through tolls without waiting in line they will charge your checking acct or credit card especially in NJ AND NY this was great it works to Washington DC I beleive
in every state we stopped at the 1st rest stop to and got one of those coupon book full of hotels that with our AAA we saved a bundle on the way back
we traveled with our 4year old he slept the whole way down but when he was awake we did games, movies and I had packed our cooler full of drinks and eveything like that we just wanted to get there we stopped in Dayotna for a night right on the beach with coupon for like $40 bucks it was great we would definetly drive again and because we did we stayed at WDW for 2 weeks once we got there if you have any other questions email me at alicnwondrln@aol.com

kellydisney

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the great responses! I think we will be flying and I'm praying that Southwest comes out with some good deals! Since we will be going in December (17 - 27, yay Christmas!) and the roads could potentially be nasty most of the way through, we opted not to drive. But thank you so much for the info! We will use it eventually when we want to take a 2 week trip like the other Kelly did!

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom