News Driving Force Behind Disney's Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Leaves WDI for Gensler, Joining Former Chief Bob Weis

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Im Out See You GIF by A1 eSports

JIMINYCR

Lesson once again learned…. You can be a huge player in a huge screw up and someone, somewhere will still see value in you and your talent and want you for their own. Happens in every industry. You can always be able to sell yourself, avoid the worst of the blame and land on your feet. ( usually with a great signing bonus)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lesson once again learned…. You can be a huge player in a huge screw up and someone, somewhere will still see value in you and your talent and want you for their own. Happens in every industry. You can always be able to sell yourself, avoid the worst of the blame and land on your feet. ( usually with a great signing bonus)
Well she won’t be asked to build anything interesting where she’s going

Jambo Dad

The
Well, someone somewhere will be absolutely thrilled to have Kylo Ren holding court in their corporate breakroom, I guess. Maybe there will be a fanciful telling of how it's some kind of spacey-themey-thing, and wouldn't that be wonderful and immersive? It could even be a social media video.

Good riddance.
I really like this post - it captures the vibe of why this failed so spectacularly. Hire people who don’t have any feel for the source material to build a ‘hotel’ with no windows, no pool and trap them in there for two days. Make sure the place looks generic space-y and lacks any real sense of place. Oh - and make sure you ignore the most popular cinematic franchise in history In favor of one nobody cares about. Such a sad execution to a potentially amazing idea.

zombiebbq

The

I really like this post - it captures the vibe of why this failed so spectacularly. Hire people who don’t have any feel for the source material to build a ‘hotel’ with no windows, no pool and trap them in there for two days. Make sure the place looks generic space-y and lacks any real sense of place. Oh - and make sure you ignore the most popular cinematic franchise in history In favor of one nobody cares about. Such a sad execution to a potentially amazing idea.
I know we're all going on at naseaum about something that's going to close but I was just in Vegas and if these random hotels can have pretty good themes, why in the world couldn't Disney have built a full sized star wars resort with all the bells and whistles, and then just add a small offshoot of the resort for the cosplay experience, which they could charge $$$$ for? How bad in business are they at this point that this slam dunk idea wasn't considered. Rant over :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know we're all going on at naseaum about something that's going to close but I was just in Vegas and if these random hotels can have pretty good themes, why in the world couldn't Disney have built a full sized star wars resort with all the bells and whistles, and then just add a small offshoot of the resort for the cosplay experience, which they could charge $$$$ for? How bad in business are they at this point that this slam dunk idea wasn't considered. Rant over :)
They can’t fill their rooms….doing that would just cannibalize the other properties that run at high cost

It’s the same reason building more parks would be stupid.

They did this believing the myth of “Disney whales”

There aren’t any. There never were beyond a limited number of sycophants

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom