Dressing for Dinner

Missin_Disney

Can anyone tell me which resaurants on the DDP you have to 'dress for dinner' and what iattire is required, as we are travelling from the UK and will need to pack in advance.

Many Thanks in advance.

donvincenzo

I could be wrong, if someone wants to clarify, but I believe for the "Signature Restaurants" that are on the DDP and not in a park (Jiko, Flying Fish, California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Artist's Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse) there is a business casual dress code.

For men: Jeans, dress pants or shorts, and a collared shirt

For woman: Jeans, skirt, or dress shorts, and a blouse or sweater, or a dress

Again, not sure if I'm right or if this is enforced, but just to give you a basic idea...

Also I'm not sure if you would even eat at these restaurants on the DDP, since they require two dinner credits...

Upvote 0

tigsmom

All Signature Dining restaurants have a Business Casual (Disney's version) dress code except Victoria & Albert's which has a formal dress code.

Business Casual Dress Code

Attire considered appropriate by this dress code is:
• Dress shorts
• Dress pants
• Jean pants - clean, no rips
• Collared shirts
• Blouses
• Sweaters
• T-shirts - clean and no slogans

Attire not permitted by this dress code is:

• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops - though leather dress thong style sandals are acceptable for women

Formal Dress Code

Attire required by this dress code is:
• Jacket and Dress Wear (for men)
• Evening Dress Wear (for women)

Attire considered optional by this dress code is:
• Tie (for men)

• Artist Point
  • California Grill
  • Citricos
  • Flying Fish Cafe
  • Jiko
  • Narcoossee's
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse

Formal Dress Code:
  • Victoria & Albert's

Many people will dress for dinner this way for other restaurants as well, especially when eating at sit down restaurants in the hotels. If the restaurant is located in the park then park attire is acceptable/expected.

As far as being turned away, it all depends of the restaurant. I have seen people turned away and asked to return properly dressed and also have seen people tucked away in a back corner away from everyone else when it was quite obvious that they had just come in from the parks and did not stop to freshen up. :lookaroun Personally, we always "dress" for dinner

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

This is good to know. I have been searching the menus trying to find somewhere we can agree on for our anniversary next Oct. I didn't know that some required business casual.

Upvote 0

Philo

To my knoweldge, Disney are not very strict about this. On my first visit, my wife and I went to the California Grill wearing the same clothes we wore to the parks all day (i.e. shorts and t-shirt). They we're in good condition but in no way 'business casual'. No-one said a word to us and I didn't even realize there was a dress code till I got home and read it here!

Moral of the story, a clean shirt and trousers will be just fine!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Like Philo said, they don't seem to be very strict about the dress code.

We went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, which is a signature dining experience, and is supposed to be business casual. We wore khakis and a polo, and we ended up being some of the best dressed patrons in the restaurant!

We were utterly surprised how little the dress code was enforced. I don't think I saw any tank tops, but there were a number of people wearing t shirts, jean short, baseball caps, and such.

It certainly didn't make for a bad experience or anything, just surprising.

I think the only restaurant on Disney property that would be strict would be Victoria & Albert's.

Upvote 0

iitmfl2

I believe at all restaurants and I believe even at the quick service places clothing is mandatory...:hammer:

'nuf said.

Seriously I like dressing up once in a while, even on vacation, for dinner. Makes it all the more special and memoriable.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

To my knoweldge, Disney are not very strict about this. On my first visit, my wife and I went to the California Grill wearing the same clothes we wore to the parks all day (i.e. shorts and t-shirt). They we're in good condition but in no way 'business casual'. No-one said a word to us and I didn't even realize there was a dress code till I got home and read it here!

Moral of the story, a clean shirt and trousers will be just fine!

exactly. when we went to cali grill in sept alot of people were in shorts and t-shirts, and so was I and it didn't take away from my experience at all.

And when we go to cali grill and flying fish in dec that's what I'll be wearing. if that bothers people or distracts them then they should worry about themselves more.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

exactly. when we went to cali grill in sept alot of people were in shorts and t-shirts, and so was I and it didn't take away from my experience at all.

And when we go to cali grill and flying fish in dec that's what I'll be wearing. if that bothers people or distracts them then they should worry about themselves more.

If you look at the list of acceptable clothing, shorts and t shirts are listed.
This is "DISNEY business casual", not corporate business casual.

As I said earlier, I have seen people turned away and asked to change and I've seen people hidden away from view... I guess it really all depends on the staff on duty at the moment. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom