Dress Code question

goleafstuba

Original Poster
My wife and I have an ADR for Artist Point next week. I know that the dress code is business casual and that it says no tank tops, but we were confused whether this meant for just men or both men and women. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but she will be almost 4 months pregnant when we are down there and she has some nice tank tops that she wears with skirts. Can anyone help with this dilemma? I don't want to be turned away at the door for not wearing the proper clothing. Thanks.

pixiesteno

I believe it is for both. Now, are her tops a shell top where the portion of the top comes over the shoulder? What I mean is usually the shell top has a portion that comes over the shoulder that is 2 -3 inches wide and the outer edge comes to the outer shoulder. Then there are tank tops that have about an inch to inch and a half wide portion over the shoulder. And lastly, the spaghetti strap.
If her tops are of the shell variety and cover the majority of the shoulder area and her arms are bear then you might be okay. I know that men have to have a shirt with a collar on it. A shell top is normally what a woman would wear under a jacket for business. I hope this helps. Have a very wonderful trip and congratulations.

goleafstuba

Original Poster
Thank you! This is the wife...my poor husband was confused with the tank top terminology :) I think he also forgot that I will be six months pregnant, not four - bless his heart!

I may just go out and buy a few summer dresses since it will be so hot anyway. I understand what you mean when you say shell tops. We went to California Grill a year ago, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't as dressy as it was there.

Again, thank you so much!

I was 4 months pregnant last trip and we went to Artist Point for dinner before the MNSSHP. I wore a form fitting orange t-shirt and a pair of jeans and my husband wore a polo and khaki shorts. Neither of us felt out of place. We've been to the California Grill too and the CG is more dressier that AP.

I do not believe they would turn you away for wearing a nice tank top, especially when it is hot out and you are visibly pregnant. It might not be a bad idea to take a sweater to wear if you get chilly in the restaurant, but then again you are pregnant so you probably never get cold!!!

Enjoy your dinner. What we had was delicious and the service was excellent.

tigsmom

Disney business casual.. Clean jeans, dockers, dress pants. Polo shirt, button down and actually, a clean t shirt with no slogan or logo is allowed now. No dirty ripped sneakers, but nice leather dress sandals are allowed. Most men I see wear boat shoes or something similar.
For women its nice jeans, dress pants, skirt or dress. No spaghetti strap shirts, no flip flops, dirty jean or tees or swim wear allowed for either.

I have worn "tank tops" also called a shell (the strap is at least 1 inch wide and covers bra straps) to Signature restaurants with no problems. I have not seen any men with tank tops on though.

I am lifting this from another thread (It is also my post from there)...

As posted on this site (and many others)...

Business casual :
• Dress shorts
• Dress pants
• Jean pants
• Collared shirts
• Blouses
• Sweaters
• T-shirts

Not permitted by this dress code is:

• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops

Basically, the signature restaurants (the more expensive, 2 credit places) are more upscale and do not wish to see people wandering in from a long day at the park without taking the time to "tidy up" a bit. I have seen people turned away who just came from the parks (still had their shopping bags, overheated and tired) turned away, but I have also seen them seated (after the dress code was explained) waaay in the back away from everyone else. Then again I have seen women in cocktail dresses, expensive jewelry and the like and men in suits at the Concourse Steakhouse.

It says "flip flops", but leather thong type sandals are ok for women, just not the rubber go to the pool kind.

BrerPete

Don't worry about any of that dress code business. I always dress according to what the restaurant requests and I have always wasted my time. Been to California Grill, the Yachtsman, and even Victoria and Alberts, and each time I'm like, "Why did I bother." Tanks on women are fine. Enjoy.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My take on it is they don't want "wife-beater" tank tops.

If you are presentable, you'll be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom