dreamflight

disneydawg

Original Poster
Did anyone else enjoy dreamflight? I always liked it. It was kind of like TTA for me. Never any lines and always fun to ride. That being said Buzz Lightyear rules. But aint it fun to remember?

Banthaholic

I love Buzz, but dreamflight was the ultimate.
Never a line, a good way to get out of the warm FL summer air, and a snappy jingle.
I used to ride just for the cool flying effect. A few rainy days I even rode 2-3 times in a row.
Too bad Delta backed out of the attraction, it ultimaltely led to it's demise...

General Grizz

"Like tryin' to help to make these dreams come true..."

Dreamflight embodied a lot. It was short, sweet, and had a really good message that we're missing out on!

Although Buzz is successful, Dreamfight ALWAYS has a soft spot in my heart...

*recalls the 25th Anniversary days*...

"Those were the days!"

cymbaldiva

I loved Dreamflight! It was so very old-school Disney, and I really do miss that!

IMHO, while Buzz is an okay ride, it's pretty over-rated - I have no clue why people wait so long in line to ride it! :confused:

maelstrom

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
IMHO, while Buzz is an okay ride, it's pretty over-rated - I have no clue why people wait so long in line to ride it! :confused:

It's addicting. Trying to beat your previous score. It's just fun. :)

kal1484

i LOVED dreamflight. It was my favorite attraction. That's the first thing I wanted to do when we were down there. :D

disneydawg

Original Poster
Well, I rode Buzz last week and I had forgotten that they left in the projection screen room that gives you the sensation of flying. Maybe it was just for budget purposes but I felt like it was a nice little nod to Dreamflight.

aim

I used to love Dreamflight! The only time it had a line was when it was raining. But my fave part was when you saw the person eating dinner on the plane, and he had a bottle of Coke (go figure! haha). :)

figgyfan

Buzz is fun...but I loved Dreamflight. I bought the video of the ride from some guy on Ebay a while back. I pop it in whenever I get nostalgic for the gone but not forgtten attractions.
I remember the If you had wings song from the previous attraction also, mainly because my then 2 year old brother,who is now getting ready to turn 20......wouldn't stop singing it.:)

SNS

Originally posted by disneydawg
Well, I rode Buzz last week and I had forgotten that they left in the projection screen room that gives you the sensation of flying. Maybe it was just for budget purposes but I felt like it was a nice little nod to Dreamflight.

Actually, the Speed Room has been there since If You Had Wings.

mrtoad

Originally posted by SNS
Actually, the Speed Room has been there since If You Had Wings.
I think that room was one of the best effects I have seen. You would be in the room looking ahead and feel like you were plastered in your seat. You look down and you are at a crawl. The moment you pick your head back up, plastered back again.

It was excellent!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom