Dream in port overnight

ChuckElias

Original Poster
The Dream is still in Port Canaveral this morning after spending the night. Not sure why. Anybody know what they're doing while in port (beyond the normal re-stock/re-fuel)?

castlecake2.0

The ship comes in every so often for provisions, mail, maintenance etc. Luckily I’m debarked now but when all this first started my partner would drive to the port parking lot and have lunch “together” with me while I was stuck on board. Thankfully I’m home now, most crew has been repatriated.

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Original Poster
The ship comes in every so often for provisions, mail, maintenance etc.
I did know that. I watch the port webcam a lot and see the ships coming in and out all the time for fuel/provisions, etc. But I thought it was unusual to see the ship stay overnight. They usually come in and leave again the same day. Do you happen to know why the Dream stayed so long this time?

Luckily I’m debarked now but when all this first started my partner would drive to the port parking lot and have lunch “together” with me while I was stuck on board. Thankfully I’m home now, most crew has been repatriated.
Glad you're home. I hope that you're safe and healthy. I'm sure it was not easy to be stuck on the ship for that long.

If you don't mind me asking, do you expect to go back to work onboard when cruising resumes? I'd love to hear your personal perspective on all this. Thanks and stay safe!

castlecake2.0

I did know that. I watch the port webcam a lot and see the ships coming in and out all the time for fuel/provisions, etc. But I thought it was unusual to see the ship stay overnight. They usually come in and leave again the same day. Do you happen to know why the Dream stayed so long this time?

Glad you're home. I hope that you're safe and healthy. I'm sure it was not easy to be stuck on the ship for that long.

If you don't mind me asking, do you expect to go back to work onboard when cruising resumes? I'd love to hear your personal perspective on all this. Thanks and stay safe!

Sometimes it’s just easier to stay overnight based on several different factors.

I’m ready to go! Just waiting for the call. The amount of cleaning we did on that ship even before this happened makes me feel safer there then most places on land. I can’t talk about details but they are hard at work testing out different ideas for when we return to operation to make sure we continue to be the cleanest and safest possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom