Dream Flight

Figment 2004

Original Poster
Does anyone miss having Dream Flight at Magic Kingdom or am i the only one.

Growing up that was one of my fav rides. I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on the matter of Dream Flight.

Tara Mae

You're not the only one, Figment.
I believe there is a thread around her somewhere dedicated to it. Check the "Past Attractions" section. :D
I will always remember the "Big Giant Book" at the end. *That's what I called it as a child. When my mom would ask which ride I wanted to go on, I'd always answer: The one with the giant book! ;)*

DigitalDisney

I definately miss it. I like Buzz better, but you could always get on DreamFlight w/o much of a wait. It wasn't the most exciting ride, and the first half was cheesy, but it was relazing and enjoyable.

OliveMcFly

I remember loving that ride cause the entrance was like the jetway to get on a plane. When I was little my family always drove to Disney and I never got to expereice that. It sounds stupid but I was a kid. We started flying in '99 and havn't stopped. I do miss Dream Flight but, I do enjoy Buzz.

Thorphin

Take Flight/Dream Flight remains my favorite attraction at WDW, even being gone for several years. The attraction has a really interesting history, I think, and it's somewhat reassuring to see elements of the original ride maintained in Buzz... the rotating head-on light thing and the original ride through 360 degree theaters...

I always thought it was a great ride to get a nice blast of cold air with little wait, and another great little catchy theme song. Alas, not quite "tomorrow" anymore, but I still do miss it greatly.

If you're interested, there actually is a tribute DVD available which also includes info about If You Had Wings and if you could fly (which predate my first WDW visit).

http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/video-wings.html

I haven't purchased this specific DVD but I can vouch for the quality of their work.

Jack

Nemmy

You guys make me so jealous; I never got to ride these attractions! To tell you the truth, I don't even remember seeing Horizons when I went on Test Track on its opening day. Waaaah!

CubbieMan

Personnally I prefered "If you had Wings" over dreamflight...then again I am probably just showing my age....considering it's most likely just the nostalgic feeling from our childhood memories.

mrtoad

CubbieMan said:
Personnally I prefered "If you had Wings" over dreamflight...then again I am probably just showing my age....considering it's most likely just the nostalgic feeling from our childhood memories.

I loved if you had wings as well. One of my long time favorites. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom