downtown disney boats

ilPapa

Original Poster
I have been told that one can rent a small boat at downtown disney, is this true? and where could one set off to(in the time limit, like an hour probably)

thank you!

brich

True. There is an assortment of boats to be rented in Downtown, including the little sprites. These don't move to fast so an hour doesn't get you very far distance wise. We rented a couple in December and had a great time. We cruised up the canal a ways toward Port Orleans area and then came back out to the lagoon and just cruised along the shore. I can't remember what the rates were but I'm sure you can find that on the either this site or the Disney site. If your looking for excitement via speed, you won't get it. If your looking for a leisurely cruise, you'll enjoy it. My 6 year old had a blast!! :sohappy:

Nansafan

The boats you can rent are for puttering around the general area of the waterway near Downtown Disney. The Poly, GF and Contemporary offer boat rental as do other resorts in the WDW complex. The water mice (or sprites as they've also been called) are quite fun to zip around in. There are bigger boats that can also be rented but we like to use the smaller ones for zipping around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

Laura

Premium Member
My husband and I rented one on our honeymoon and made it all the way to Port Orleans and back, but it did go VERY slow!

We're going to rent a canopy boat and cruise 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake in September. That should be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom