Downtown Disney: any better by bus?

SSH

Original Poster
(Let me know if there's a better forum spot to post this question...thanks!)

Hi all: doing a quick 5/7 - 5/9 trip to use our final pass days before expiration. We usually stay at POP, but thinking offsite this time - I have a free Choice Hotels night expiring soon that saves us roughly $100: seems worth it even w/$17 park parking fee (only hitting the parks 1 day this trip.)

Will be visiting DD Thurs night and wondering if a POP stay is still smarter than saving the money, just to have WDW transport to DD?

1. With garage now open, is travel time/traffic horrible either way? (i.e., won't matter if you go bus or car.)
2. For my own planning purposes, how much extra time I should factor in to reach DD now, compared to similar month/time of year in 2013/2014?

If anyone's been there in the past few weeks - or can offer their best guess/insights as to traffic conditions the first Thurs in May, I'd really appreciate your input! :)

mm121

i think you'll be fine, opening the west garage really cleaned things up

when i went earlier in the month i was able to park right across the street from the marketplace no problem

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
(Let me know if there's a better forum spot to post this question...thanks!)

Hi all: doing a quick 5/7 - 5/9 trip to use our final pass days before expiration. We usually stay at POP, but thinking offsite this time - I have a free Choice Hotels night expiring soon that saves us roughly $100: seems worth it even w/$17 park parking fee (only hitting the parks 1 day this trip.)

Will be visiting DD Thurs night and wondering if a POP stay is still smarter than saving the money, just to have WDW transport to DD?

1. With garage now open, is travel time/traffic horrible either way? (i.e., won't matter if you go bus or car.)
2. For my own planning purposes, how much extra time I should factor in to reach DD now, compared to similar month/time of year in 2013/2014?

If anyone's been there in the past few weeks - or can offer their best guess/insights as to traffic conditions the first Thurs in May, I'd really appreciate your input! :)
For one day I would stay off site and drive into DTD.

SSH

Original Poster
i think you'll be fine, opening the west garage really cleaned things up

when i went earlier in the month i was able to park right across the street from the marketplace no problem

Thanks,mm121...good to hear. Just curious: were you there at night and if so, did you find it took a lot longer to get there?

SSH

Original Poster
For one day I would stay off site and drive into DTD.
Thanks for your response...appreciate it. That's what I'd like to do. Just started thinking that maybe the bus transport would be faster/easier than trying to drive in the mess.

mm121

Thanks,mm121...good to hear. Just curious: were you there at night and if so, did you find it took a lot longer to get there?

yea night, came down hotel blvd it was fine no worse than normal traffic we find everywhere

roj2323

as long as you avoid friday and saturday night traffic between 6 and 9 ish getting in and out should be ok.

SSH

Original Poster
as long as you avoid friday and saturday night traffic between 6 and 9 ish getting in and out should be ok.
Thanks....purposely planned DD for Thurs for just that reason...figured Fri/Sat would be extra busy on top of whatever else is going on normally. Think we'll be in MK fri night.

Mouse Detective

In June things will get crazy again but in early May you should have no trouble getting into or out of DTD, day or night. Parking behind House of Blues is also still a good option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom