Doug

conor-o-man

Original Poster
I just wanted to know if anyone knows what happened to the Doug Live on Stage show in MGM. It was there one year and gone the next and I didn't even realize until today. Could anyone tell me why they got rid of it?

dizpins14

I seem to remeber hearing they sold Doug.....bought it and sold it with in like 2 or 3 years. Hopefully that doesn't happen with the Muppets.....

Actually they still own Doug. Though Doug's popularity had begun to wane so they decided not to renew the lease for the specific stage show (with the creator). The show still filled nearly every performance when it closed.

ucf disneyfan

I was a huge fan of the TV show Doug as a kid. And I can remember seeing the stage show and thinking just how bad it was. It was one of the worst stage shows ever put on by Disney.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
I was a huge fan of the TV show Doug as a kid.

Just how old was this show? That's like saying I remember watching Spongebob as a child. It would add more creadance if you said, I remember the subtle idiosynchreses (sp) that Doug and his dog represented in the youth of our nation just a few scant years ago.

DisneySaint

The actual show at MGM never was actually a huge hit. And on top of that the popularity of the television program dwindled. Both of those seem like pretty obvious reasons to close it for me. My question is - "why did they even open it in the first place" and second, "why hasn't something replaced it yet?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom